Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2007, 08:40 AM

Default Re: hand against moron in UB $33 Rebuy

FWIW I think my raise was 5325 or so. Just 1500 more would have made my stack roughly equal to the pot postflop which would have been better as several have noted.

I did run the "go and go" people are mentioning and lost to K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] for those who care about results.

I think pushing pre and raising more pre both have arguments in their favor.

As played, I considered bet-folding as well as check-folding but those really shouldn't have come into play if I had played smarter preflop so I'm not going to hurt my head thinking them through. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Thanks for all the replies!

Che
Old 05-24-2007, 09:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW I think my raise was 5325 or so. Just 1500 more would have made my stack roughly equal to the pot postflop which would have been better as several have noted.

I did run the "go and go" people are mentioning and lost to K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] for those who care about results.

I think pushing pre and raising more pre both have arguments in their favor.

As played, I considered bet-folding as well as check-folding but those really shouldn't have come into play if I had played smarter preflop so I'm not going to hurt my head thinking them through. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Thanks for all the replies!

Che

[/ QUOTE ]

Aaaaaaaah how do these assclowns hit every time?!!?!?! I am tilt just reading this.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:07 AM

I think this is just another confirmation of the old, rule - don't try to bluff an idiot. This is the biggest leak in my game too, but against these guys, you have to have the goods. So, I think you either take the cheap flop and see if you hit or you put it all in pre-flop if you are almost sure you have the best hand. There is no point in making anything more than basic plays - like pearls before swine, as the saying goes. Of course, it's easy for me to give this advice - harder to stick to it myself.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:34 PM

I'm not sure about the calling tendencies in a little higher level tourneys than what I usually play, but apparently the same type of players (ie crappy) exist there too. I've run both of the plays talked about (go-n-go and check, fold) in similar situations, but that A on the board is a really troublesome card, since so many online people love to stick around with Ax when they really shouldn't (and representing A bigger x doesn't work very often). In this case I'd probably just check- fold, however if the board was Q 9 7 (still leaving you with the inside SD), I'd definitely push.