Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2007, 01:38 PM

Default Re: 3/6 live: QTo in the BB

Against a cautious set farmer (and I'm afraid I understand the psychology better than I should) he probably thought you had 64o and was trying to limit his losses LOL
I wonder what you'd have done if he raised you on the turn?
Old 05-21-2007, 04:02 PM

I thought that he thought that I had a set of Q's.(next level thinking perhaps). Not sure why he would have thought this because I was raising and showing down big hands whenever I did show a hand down most of the session. He wea passive and a bit weak and this kind of player fears teh worst a lot of times when someone raises them or 3 bets them. Since he misplayed his set of Ts on the flop and the turn by not reraising it was hard for me not to fire on all streets. If I was raised on the turn I would have gone in to CD mode for sure.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I did tell him nice hand. He did a similiar kind of thing later on with AKs when he didn't raise pf, didn't bet his King he paired on the flop and just called down the whole way to win the pot. POt could have been way bigger. Oh well, bless him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Saying "nice hand" is rude, you should encourage him for making it so cheep for you - say "you played that hand so well, i would have folded if you raised - you got the most out of me!" Because thats exactly how they think. Play up to them, dont insult him even if its unintentionally.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:36 PM

I think it depends on how you say "nice hand." There's definatly a friendly and a rude way of saying it.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:40 PM

I said it in a nice way to him. But I do like TT's sug of saying it that way also.

Or, maybe next time I'll say it like Vito Corleone did to Johnny Fontaine In Godfather 1 "You can act like a man!" Oh and nice hand