Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2007, 10:12 PM

Default Re: LIVE top set facing flop cap versus nit

[ QUOTE ]
wrong!!
raise turn is the right play. they could also have one or two pair the player behind could still be on a draw. If someone allready has his street you have 10 outs and if all 3 call your ep is close to 0. The pott is allready big so you should try to win the pott not to save money.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can account for 3 of the jacks, which makes a two pair hand far less likely. And given the action, in a 3/6 live game I think you're up against a made straight very, very often. This after the flop cap & turn lead; I think it's even more certain after your turn raise gets 3bet; and again, with all these players sticking around it's almost certain that some of your 10 outs are in their hands. Really, I think your best hope of being ahead at this point is that the villain flopped a lower set (or that villain is a drunken maniac).

I think a lot of players revert to the old "charge the draws" credo in situations like this, without ever stopping to think about how often they are the ones who are drawing.
Old 05-18-2007, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wrong!!
raise turn is the right play. they could also have one or two pair the player behind could still be on a draw. If someone allready has his street you have 10 outs and if all 3 call your ep is close to 0. The pott is allready big so you should try to win the pott not to save money.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can account for 3 of the jacks, which makes a two pair hand far less likely. And given the action, in a 3/6 live game I think you're up against a made straight very, very often. This after the flop cap & turn lead; I think it's even more certain after your turn raise gets 3bet; and again, with all these players sticking around it's almost certain that some of your 10 outs are in their hands. Really, I think your best hope of being ahead at this point is that the villain flopped a lower set (or that villain is a drunken maniac).

I think a lot of players revert to the old "charge the draws" credo in situations like this, without ever stopping to think about how often they are the ones who are drawing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your hand is strong the pott is over 40 SB ( on the turn over 20 BB) Villian may have a street (but may be somthing else) 2 player have still to act after your raise if someone foldet 7x you may get the T as 4 outs if your ahead, i think the pott is to big and your hand to strong (may be your ahead if not you have a couple of outs) I wouldn't try to save a bet (may be 2 if i get 3-bet) but to bring the opponents behind me to fold.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:38 AM

The only reason I would call the turn bet is because this is a live LAP villian. Online it would be really hard to not hit the raise button. With all the dead money along for the ride I don't think it's a huge deal either way. You're going to make it up on the river if you improve anyway and you save some bets if your read is right.
Old 05-18-2007, 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't try to save a bet (may be 2 if i get 3-bet) but to bring the opponents behind me to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

It bears mentioning that any hand which folds when you raise the turn, you didn't want to fold.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't try to save a bet (may be 2 if i get 3-bet) but to bring the opponents behind me to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

It bears mentioning that any hand which folds when you raise the turn, you didn't want to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, why would you want two pair to fold, they are drawing completely dead and you're getting at least 3 bets from them if they fill on the river.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Really?
is raise turn is the right play? they could also have one or two pair the player behind could still be on a draw. If someone allready has his street you have 10 outs and if all 3 call your ep is close to 0. The pott is allready big so maybe you should try to win the pott not to save money?

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

And also, no.

I wouldn't try to value bet trips against the absolute nuts, nor would I try to get bottom two to fold when I have top set.