Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2007, 03:55 PM

Default Re: QQ vs Ram Vaswani

i'm not sure which player ram is in the hand, however the point is that the only person you really care about in the hand in terms of pushing all in vs making a smaller raise is the original raiser who has you covered.

the OR is UTG and is only calling your shove if he can beat QQ so there is no value there.
as for the in between players ya its fine to stack off here with QQ for their effective stacks but the point is you can still play for stacks vs them by raising to say $5600 and this way you protect yourself from the OR in case he actually has AA/KK.

while i agree the just cuz he raised UTG doesn't mean he has AA/KK the point is there is no reason to expose your whole stack if he does when making a smaller raise will still force the inbetween players to play for their stacks.

if you do make it say $5600 and the OR raiser shoves over you then you are probably dead unless you have a read that he is a total donkey.
cuz only a total donkey is shoving AK/JJ in that spot.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:35 PM

This is why external hand history links suck. I missed that the big stack was the original raiser, I only looked at debbie7.

Knowing this the spot sucks a whole lot more, because the 3bettor isn't going to put you on AK if you shove and expose 17k. IMO a lot of the value of shoving comes from the possibility of him calling down with a lower pair. If you make it 5k, even though he will know that you're committed if he pushes, I doubt he'll come over the top with a hand like JJ or TT. So all you can do is call and pray he wouldn't fold AK.

Now I understand why Chaos wants to cold call. I think I would do the same thing. Putting in the fourth raise is basically a bluff here - or semibluff if you will, because you know you'll call the reraiser but not UTG.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:00 PM

think cold calling here is ugly based on the way has been going. I think 5k raise, and then call the button is the right play. Unfortunate he has Aces, espeically as he is a super aggressive player.