Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2007, 10:11 PM

Default Re: WPEX 5/10 1 card oesd blind defense

Isnt this flop an easy CR simply as part of a balancing strategy? I am raising many many hands here including made straights, 2 pair, sets, combo fds etc. And have many have commented, I am sure he is peeling the flop a very high percentage of the time but I think I should be seeing turn folds decently often against unimproved overs.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:11 PM

i'd never bluff JT so that's what i was wondering
Old 05-04-2007, 04:11 AM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

Capping the flop and leading the turn does get you folding equity, although like the last 9 times I've tried it I've been raised on the turn so maybe not. It had pretty good success for me for a while though.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:40 AM

I fold preflop cuz he probably has a good hand to raise in that position. It's not really a blind battle if I'm reading this right. Villain opens, 3 players fold and you call with K8o.

As far as the flop, capping is fine if you are ok with betting the turn and calling a raise unimproved. In order for villain to 3 bet the flop he has to have an overpair or a set. Sometimes he has AK/AQ. He's not folding the turn, even with KQ after all that flop action. So I don't think the flop cap is worth it. He's not folding and he's raising the turn a goodly amount when he has QQ-AA since he's aggressive. If capping the flop gave us a free card option, then yes. But I don't see the point unless the cap was for value.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:50 AM

Some players always have something when they make this flop threebet - top pair or better or a good draw - while others make this threebet on principle just because you had the audacity to check-raise.

If you don't know which this guy is I would assume the former and just try to suck out. That kind of guy is getting to the river anyway so no need to pump the pot for him those times he has a made hand.

The other kind of player is often quite easily convinced by a flop four bet and will fold lots of turn cards. But if you don't know he's that kind of player, and full ring players usually aren't, then don't fourbet.

Guy.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:56 AM

I don't think anybody is folding the turn after 3-betting that flop unless you make your straight and in that case you don't want him to fold. I think the flop check-raise is fine because you could have a lot of equity. When people are saying that he'll fold the turn I think they mean after just calling the flop, not 3-betting. Once he 3-bets you should call down and hope to improve with a K or straight. I'm not betting that river when checked to if I have JT, unless he's a nit.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not betting that river when checked to if I have JT, unless he's a nit.

[/ QUOTE ]

say you are in OP's position and the turn and river bricked off, lets say running non-heart deuces. you c/r flop, bet turn, and check river. what is your range with this line? how is this not an easy bet for villains JT?
Old 05-04-2007, 12:42 PM

I like the c/r because you'll fold out a lot of hands on turn. after you get three-bet I find that every time I cap and lead I am getting raise on the turn or called down by a made hand, so I really don't see a lot of value in that.

I've tried that play a lot lately and it really doesn't seem to be working, but obviously this could just totally be variance on my part.