Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2007, 02:43 PM

Default Re: How is my line?

Can you please post hands separately so it's easier to read/discuss next time?

Hand 1: As people said, I'd 3-bet the Flop and prepare to get it all-in.

Hand 2: I would be the Flop around 0.25- 0.30 to 1) charge for drawing hands (like OESW) and to 2) build up the pot a little, and to 3) narrow down the field. Turn is not a good card for you. MP2 over-bets the Turn that means he likes the Turn card a lot. His likely holdings that might play like this until Turn are T8, 99, 66, 7x, maybe 88. I think you are behind in his range here. I would have a hard time folding on Turn just because I rarely flop a good hand with 87o. River helped you. Raise it up and hope he doesn't have 99, or 88, or 97.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
*grunch*

Hand 1, fold preflop. If you're going to play, raise it. On the flop, I probably reraise it - you've got a monster brewing. That said, with the small pot I don't mind the call really. Turn and river look OK, I might value bet a little more, but you got the call, so whatevs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okey You raise it up essentially to get just a few players in? Do you really mind callers then? Could you tell me why exactly to raise these hands and which hands you wouldn't raise? Would you raise small pocket pairs or SC to? And what about suited one gappers?

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2, fold preflop. For the love of [censored] bet the flop. Turn is weak. What are you hoping to do here; what is your plan? I wouldn't mind a fold. River is fine.

Overall, you played trash hands, were weak and passive post flop, and got lucky on the river. Either (1) stop playing trash hands or (2) teach me how to luckbox the river too. Just MHO. Time to read the thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is A5s such a trash hand? are good players laying this hand down when already two callers in this low stakes? I would'nt open limp with it but is it really so bad? I agree with you that the 7-8 isn't great but i thought i could afford it through the odds. I agree with you I played those hands weak and passive, though i want to discuss if it really so wrong, because hand 2 is vulnerable and hand 1 the pot is small.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is A5s such a trash hand? are good players laying this hand down when already two callers in this low stakes?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think A5s is trash in this situation. I would also limp after two EP limpers although both of them are only 50bb deep
Old 05-03-2007, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Okey You raise it up essentially to get just a few players in?

[/ QUOTE ]

First off, I don't even play this hand in this position, but if I'm mixing it up and do play this hand, then I raise it mainly to take the betting lead, so that I can take the pot down with a c-bet on the flop because I have a solid TAG image. Having less people in the pot helps this, especially chasing out people acting after you so that you (hopefully) end up with position on the folks with money already invested in the pot. Additionally, if you happen to flop magic (as you did here), it will be a whole lot easier to get your stack in the middle.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you really mind callers then?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ideally everyone will fold and I'll take the blinds and limper's money. Once caller is the next best scenario.

[ QUOTE ]
Could you tell me why exactly to raise these hands and which hands you wouldn't raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I play this hand I raise it because otherwise I'm playing bingo with the other limpers. But generally I don't raise, or play, weak easily-dominated hands from poor position.

[ QUOTE ]
Would you raise small pocket pairs or SC to? And what about suited one gappers?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would raise pocket pairs for value. Suited connectors (and one gappers) for decption, but probably not in this position, and not all the time.

[ QUOTE ]
Is A5s such a trash hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

MHO I suppose.

[ QUOTE ]
are good players laying this hand down when already two callers in this low stakes?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are many ways to play this, but I can assure you that many good players are routinely laying this hand down preflop in that hand history.

[ QUOTE ]
I would'nt open limp with it but is it really so bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't limp-along with it because I believe I can force bigger mistakes by my opponents post-flop in a bigger pot. There are various was to play it though, and limping in after several other's is not a sin or anything. With 4+ limpers and me on the button I would call too. But there are five players still to act behind you. You don't even have a reasonable expectation to see the flop cheaply and you are putting money in with a shyte hand. I really don't like the preflop play with A5s in hand one.

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with you that the 7-8 isn't great but i thought i could afford it through the odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

What odds? You think you have better than 25% equity in this hand? With three people still to act? Sounds like a recipe for trouble to me.

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with you I played those hands weak and passive, though i want to discuss if it really so wrong, because hand 2 is vulnerable and hand 1 the pot is small.

[/ QUOTE ]

That hand 2 is vulnerable is precisely the reason you DON'T play passive. You should bet this flop and (as played) fold the turn.

In hand 1 the fact that the pot is small is indeed what makes me think a call is OK on the flop. I don't know if your preflop and flop lines are the most +EV way to play the hand, but I do know its not how I would play it. I'm open to counter-arguments.

Both hands looks like loose preflop play and passive post flop play. The monster flop you hit makes you post-flop play in hand 1 look OK, but I think you will win less and lose more over the long run like that. Hand 2 I don't like anything about, except after you hit your 4-out miracle on the river.

$0.02