Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2006, 11:17 PM

Default Re: The problem with OOT as I see it...No solution offered

I am a total noob, but what you see as the downfall I see as the beauty of the forum. We can't talk about religion, politics, gambling, etc. We have current events, drinking, sex and poop threads. This sometimes leads to hilarious observations on everyday life. Sometimes it leads to ridiculous ms paint renderings of Phil Ivey. Hot chicks. Music. Really it's just a lot like college.

I don't know, whatever. I need another drink.
Old 02-16-2006, 11:17 PM

yes, very good point.
Old 02-16-2006, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am a total noob, but what you see as the downfall I see as the beauty of the forum. We can't talk about religion, politics, gambling, etc. We have current events, drinking, sex and poop threads. This sometimes leads to hilarious observations on everyday life. Sometimes it leads to ridiculous ms paint renderings of Phil Ivey. Hot chicks. Music. Really it's just a lot like college.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got a feeling that you are going to fit in here. Welcome.
Old 02-16-2006, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-17-2006, 12:00 AM

Dynasty,

Damn those "other mods!"
Old 02-17-2006, 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dynasty, whiskeytown, et. al.

[/ QUOTE ]

What the hell is this supposed to mean? Whiskeytown is awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Add yourself to my list then.

[/ QUOTE ]

meh - don't worry, JT - I've been dissed by people MUCH better then Kipin - [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] - - 2nd time this month my name has been brought up in a ban-type complaint thread - this is typical, BTW - I'm either universally loved or hated -

It's sorta like being marked with a badge of honor that says "not stupid enough for the average Joe" - I take pride in that, actually.

going forward, though I think when a poster whines about other posters, mods should review and see if they deserve a * - if they're not contributing, then why should they be bitching? - And no, promotion of your own website for filesharing isn't gonna cut it, esp. a lame one with a rip on Dynasty.

Guys like Kipin don't understand - you really should be silent and just let people think your an idiot instead of opening your mouth and removing all doubt. Esp. when their posts don't measure up to snuff either

As for me - I've been busy lately - lots of demo recording and Battlefield 2 - cashed out part of my BR to pay a credit card off and I'm just sorta taking a breather from poker and the online forums - though I still investigate at work - I haven't been up to speed lately though - took me two days to find the desktop picture thread [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] -

I thought about posting the demos of the songs I'm recording here for the crew to listen to - a couple of them are pretty decent, but the hater backlash makes it so I don't even wanna post my best stuff on here anymore...

know what I say to that? -

meh.

RB
Old 02-17-2006, 01:37 AM

whiskeytown,

its not that i think you are an incredible poster, its that you seem to be an incredibly nice person and for that i don't see how people could hate you?

even if your posts miss the mark i always respect/accept how open and honest you are. take care and gl.

~td
Old 02-17-2006, 01:53 AM

meh - don't worry, JT - I've been dissed by people MUCH better then Kipin - [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] - - 2nd time this month my name has been brought up in a ban-type complaint thread

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the other one was a joke just to point out the obsurdity of banning bruiser or diebitter though. For the record, I really like Kipin, which is why I was so surprised as to his post.
Old 02-17-2006, 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
meh - don't worry, JT - I've been dissed by people MUCH better then Kipin - [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] - - 2nd time this month my name has been brought up in a ban-type complaint thread

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the other one was a joke just to point out the obsurdity of banning bruiser or diebitter though. For the record, I really like Kipin, which is why I was so surprised as to his post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry about that, for some clarification I made this post just to show how much I think whiskeytown is a disservice to this board. I have nothing against you jokerthief. Obviously some people will disagree with my thoughts on whiskeytown. (heck Dynasty too)

The thing that bugs me most about whiskeytown are his contentless stoner posts that contribute nothing to the forum.

He also has no honor as he publicly declared he would be blocking me, but about 1-2 days later he unblocks me.
Old 02-17-2006, 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry about that, for some clarification I made this post just to show how much I think whiskeytown is a disservice to this board. I have nothing against you jokerthief. Obviously some people will disagree with my thoughts on whiskeytown. (heck Dynasty too)

The thing that bugs me most about whiskeytown are his contentless stoner posts that contribute nothing to the forum.

He also has no honor as he publicly declared he would be blocking me, but about 1-2 days later he unblocks me.

[/ QUOTE ]

whoops - I'm a little behind on paperwork this week with FAWM and all - sorry - thanks for reminding me -

*** you are banning this user ***

that Battlefield 2 has been sucking the hrs out of me -

In fact, I think I'll create a poll about it - [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

RB