Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2007, 04:22 PM

Default Re: 3 handed, flop sick now, cry later

I don't hate the way BB played his hand.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

"They were playing HUHU before I sat between them. Games at 5/10 always get full so don't tell me to not sit with these guys."

I'm not gonna tell you not to sit with this guys, becuz I dont know what your personal objective is when you sit down at a poker table. If your goal is to become the best poker player possible then I definitely think you should play 3handed with these guys. If youre like me, and your only goal when you play poker is to grind out a profit, then sitting down at this table would be extremely stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree. The seat to the left of the 45/30 guy is gold when the game fills up. Stars 5/10 tables fill up within 3-5 minutes, usually. He stays 45/30 at 5-6 handed tables.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think his turn raise is pretty awful.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't like pf either
Old 04-27-2007, 08:06 PM

I would have folded , cried and destroyed my computer. In the process causing an explosion which cripple my hands forcing me to never play poker ever again.

I love playing against one LAG moron, but against two in one hand , the game gets way tougher, because you need to analyze their tendencies and patterns.. "Standard plays" go out the window.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think Button's Ax/KK/QQ/JJ no spade folds ever to two cold on the turn? (Of course, what the hell does he think you have?) I'm not saying I like it, I just don't completely hate it.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:10 PM

Nickg,

Yeah preflop is bad too IMO. Not horrible 3-handed but bad, too. The turn raise is just abysmal.

Heisenb3rg,

I almost instinct-folded. I was really happy when the river checked around. That probably never happens so the turn call is probably incorrect. Look at what had to happen for me to be put in that spot and win. Button had to flop two pair. BB had to have the Ks and pair his T on the turn and decide to make a bad raise.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:19 PM

i dont think this is a fold, if u reversed bb and buttons descriptions itd be closer (so the 3bettor on each street was the more reasonable player).

Even still though Im not sure its a fold, button could easily have a set still if hes not great postflop and BB mite play alot of hands stupidly on a mono board raising the turn "for protection"/ a free-showdown not knowing ur flop cap always means AQ no spade is crushed, or could even do this with AKs for some stupid reason.

Theres also only a handful of combos BB should ever have here that beat u (KQ-QJ of spades maybe on occasion) and button can still have a few worse flush hands.

sh!tty spot tho
Old 04-27-2007, 09:26 PM

I can't believe anyone is considering folding. I just don't get it. Really, you are ahead at least 50% of the time. And this should result should have prevented that fold from your latest post.

But if I'm sitting down at this table, I'm sitting to the left of the BB. That way you are to the left of two guys with high vpip. Not to mention that this bb would make blind stealing difficult.

edit: Unless the were sitting at opposite ends of the table which they probably were.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:17 PM

2 things im not sure people who think folding here is awful are considering.

If you are ahead it's likely that collectivly they have 7-17 outs vs you.

If you are behind, you're drawing dead.

How many more bets is it going to cost you to see a showdown? How many more bets are you willing to put in before you say "okay now im beat"? If one guys willing to go a few bets more on the river with a set and the other guy has a lower flush, what now?
If you're ahead the betting will likely stop now or with another river bet. if you're behind, who knows how much more you have to invest.

I'm not saying a fold is correct, im saying I would have folded in the heat of the moment.. It's pretty close. I underestimate LAG's ability to play reatarded too frequently though. I'm also not familiar with 3-handed agression levels.

If you are consistantly folding good hands to too much agression they can knock you out of too many pots. You do have to show them that you will not be pushed out at times. I wouldn't assume they were trying to do this , before it happened a couple times though..

Against two TAG's it's a clear fold.