Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   3 handed, flop sick now, cry later (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=388504)

milesdyson 04-25-2007 09:35 PM

3 handed, flop sick now, cry later

I sit on this one guy's left all the time. He is good 3-handed but he doesn't adjust as the game gets full so he always plays like 45/30/1.5 (when it's 6 players he goes to SD too much). Overall he doesn't spew postflop and seems decent at reading hands.

The BB here is 40/20/2 and I don't know him.

They were playing HUHU before I sat between them. Games at 5/10 always get full so don't tell me to not sit with these guys.

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (3 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero is like why me

joker122 04-25-2007 09:38 PM

Re: 3 handed, flop sick now, cry later

damn. definitely call these 2. if bb caps call and call 1 more on the river but probably fold to 2 cold.

vmacosta 04-26-2007 01:37 AM

sheesh, this one really sucks. I'm not sure you win enough to calldown here, but I always do and probably always will.

Oink 04-26-2007 03:43 AM

Yuck!

[ QUOTE ]
Overall he doesn't spew postflop and seems decent at reading hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

He doesnt spew but cold 3-bet the the flop AND the turn.

Dunno, folding is prolly correct. Not that I am ever doing it at the table. This is where I stop worrying about EV and start thinking: "[censored] YOU! I AM NOT FOLDING A FLUSH [censored]"

nickg1532 04-26-2007 04:01 AM

tough. i don't think i'm folding yet. if it's two to me on the river, then i probably fold

duckman 04-27-2007 03:59 PM

I seem like the only one that is tempted to cap here. Its seems like you are more often than not against a set or 2 pair than an actual flush. I think I cap and bet any non spade non board pairing river.

Beastmaster 04-27-2007 04:10 PM

Collusion...i always call this down with a non spade river.
I can't fold and then watch someone win with trips. That would put me more on tilt then getting shown KQs.

milesdyson 04-27-2007 04:12 PM

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (16.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 16.50 BB

Results:
Button has Ah 7h (two pair, aces and sevens).
Hero has Ts 9s (flush, ace high).
BB has Th Ks (one pair, tens).
Outcome: Hero wins 16.50 BB.

ALMOST FOLDED. REAAAAAALLY CLOSE.

PokerSparky 04-27-2007 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (16.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 16.50 BB

Results:
Button has Ah 7h (two pair, aces and sevens).
Hero has Ts 9s (flush, ace high).
BB has Th Ks (one pair, tens).
Outcome: Hero wins 16.50 BB.

ALMOST FOLDED. REAAAAAALLY CLOSE.

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems like you play with far more retards at 5/10 than I do.

ILOVEPOKER929 04-27-2007 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I seem like the only one that is tempted to cap here. Its seems like you are more often than not against a set or 2 pair than an actual flush. I think I cap and bet any non spade non board pairing river.

[/ QUOTE ]

The turn is between folding and coldcalling the 3bet. Capping here would be a serious mistake. If fact if we assume that both these opponents are logical/rational, then folding the turn would be the correct play. However we dont know these guys well enough to make such a glorious assumption, so I coldcall the turn and hope the river doesnt pair up.

Also I wanted to say something about these remark's from Miles:

"They were playing HUHU before I sat between them. Games at 5/10 always get full so don't tell me to not sit with these guys."

I'm not gonna tell you not to sit with this guys, becuz I dont know what your personal objective is when you sit down at a poker table. If your goal is to become the best poker player possible then I definitely think you should play 3handed with these guys. If youre like me, and your only goal when you play poker is to grind out a profit, then sitting down at this table would be extremely stupid.