Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2007, 01:51 PM

Default Re: do i call this all in with ak suited....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i called.

he showed qq, i didnt hit and i lost.

correct call?

[/ QUOTE ]

Try not to think through it like this. Just because a guy that made this play had QQ this time does not mean he will always have it. Don't be results oriented; instead, put him on a range of hands and decide if you are ahead of that range.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. Don't second-guess based on the outcome. You might be in the same exact situation tonight and have someone flip over a weaker hand, or a draw to a lower flush, etc...

As played, I'd have to suspect he was on AA-QQ here, or maybe AK. Not many players will three-bet preflop without a big pair, AK, or maybe JJ or AQ if they're frisky. Against those, you're about 33% to hit the nut flush by the river and win, against KK or QQ you have additional outs to win with either an ace or a king hitting the board.

All-in-all, it's a close call. You're probably behind here and probably need to hit your draw, an ace, or a maybe a king to win. If the player you're up against is a LAG player, I probably call more easily, since his range is wider and he may well be on a much weaker hand than the range listed above. If the player is more tight/solid/conservative, I'd be a little more certain that he'd sitting on a big pair and need to think it through a little more...

Either way, this is a tough spot, but I think I call. Just be sure to hit your flush next time...
Old 04-26-2007, 02:08 PM

Default Re: do i call this all in with ak suited....

What's the deal with everyone making tiny 3-bets with AK these days?