Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2007, 04:32 AM

Default Re: rules and etiquette questions

I hate to get into semantics here but “very standard” was used in reference to the rule not to the privileges permitted by the rule.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate to get into semantics here but “very standard” was used in reference to the rule not to the privileges permitted by the rule.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought he was describing the situation as very standard.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought he was describing the situation as very standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

In some sessions it is.

b
Old 04-25-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1 - Player would frequently ask the dealer to show a persons mucked cards after showdown...

[/ QUOTE ]

Big whoop.

[ QUOTE ]
2 - After facing an all-in bet and the only one left in the hand to act, this same player would turn over his hand and show the other player in the pot before starting to probe him whether his hand was good or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cash game his hand isn't dead(In most places). As long as he isn't holding up the game, I wouldn't care.

Both can be considered bad etiquette, but nothing major to get riled up about. Though too many waste too much time on the IWTSTH rule.

b
Old 04-25-2007, 02:01 PM

1. anyone who advocates asking to see the winning/loosing hand after a showdow, needs to have a little internal diolouge with themselves. It boils down to having a little class and even if you are not a professional then ACT like one. (you know pretend you have some class)
2. I think the hand whould be dead, but it depends on the room.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. anyone who advocates asking to see the winning/loosing hand after a showdow, needs to have a little internal diolouge with themselves. It boils down to having a little class and even if you are not a professional then ACT like one. (you know pretend you have some class)

[/ QUOTE ]

I advocate that someone can ask. I personally don't ask, but I don't care if someone else does. There are much better things to worry about on a table then this.

It certainly isn't professional to get all nitty and irate at the table when someone does invoke this rule.

b
Old 04-25-2007, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I advocate that someone can ask. I personally don't ask, but I don't care if someone else does. There are much better things to worry about on a table then this.

It certainly isn't professional to get all nitty and irate at the table when someone does invoke this rule.

b

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree whit you. When I see a player ask I dont tell them how I think that it is a horrible thing to do, and completly classless. I just chalk up a little more info on the guy who asked, and of courss chuckle inside. Moreover I wouldnt be acting like a professional if I let their actions influence my mood or ability to play this game. I guarantee you that whoever's hand was requested to be scene should just rool it over with pride and not be ashamed. (even if it was the loosing hand and a very spactulative call, as that could be bennieficial to your image)
I dont claim to be a professional but I ACT like one!
Old 04-25-2007, 02:59 PM

#1 I personally tend to get annoyed by this. I can think of a few examples, where I called off a large portion of my stack and was dissapointed with the result, and to have someone at the table ask to see my hand while I'm still measuring out the chips I owe to the pot is ridiculously bad etiquette in my opinion.

#2 This is allowed in most AC card rooms, but in some you can get a penalty or something for doing it. The only time I remember this working, facing an allin river bet on a board of Kd-6d-6x-Jd-xd, the villain tables his Ax-Td, waits for a reaction and then says nice hand, and starts to slide his hand forward (still protecting it). His opponent tables Kx-6x, and villain insta-calls not reallizing his opponent had a fullhouse.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:30 PM

Asking to see the hand because you have a reasonable basis for suspecting collusion is not very common.

Asking to see the hand because you want information that you are not otherwise entitled to is a fairly common angle shoot. Many people will respond as if you just accused them of cheating, since you did.

Personally, I think this rule should be abolished. If you suspect cheating, tell the floor and have them review the hands and action. Or, just go play somewhere else.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:59 PM

#1 is a serious breach of etiquette in my opinion. While you ARE allowed to do this, most rooms won't let a player abuse this privledge. It's just extremly classless, and bad form. How often do you see the pro's on high stakes doing this? You don't (probably because its on camera, and less likely to have a cheater but also because these players have class)

I'd get up from a table if that was constantly happening. Or figure a way to exploit the player doing it and use it to my advantage.