Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2007, 01:39 AM

Default Re: Halo 2?

When I played a while back I was around level 30. There was a ton of blatant cheating going on - forcing host, timing out players, stand by, flag warping, etc.. It also really seemed some players were wall hacking - but there's no way to verify this, and it could just be the average skill level dramatically increased. There was also alot of glitching - megajumps, sword flying, etc..

I stopped playing pretty quickly. Cheating was the reason I initially quit and it seems like it just spiraled out of control worse than ever.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:08 AM

Default Re: Halo 2?

You have to have a ridiculous level to ever run into cheating on a consistent basis. Most people assume some form of cheating is going on not realizing they are playing someone who plays the game day in and day out since the game was made. I used to always get accused at cheating in games where i would get 31 kills in team slayer but i was playing straight up. Its that online poker is rigged mentality carried over to another area.

There are skills that better players have that novice players havent even heard of doing like B, X , R ing an opponent or super jumps(most of the time these dont help) which arent cheating.

I'd imagine that once halo3 comes out it will purge most of the cheating considering most people havent modded their 360's yet, probably not worth the risk of ruining your warranty on a system that is known to go apeshit.