Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2007, 04:49 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.
Default Re: \"Overs\" button for no limit game

homegame last night.

5 cent/10 cent blinds. i am UTG+2. UTG straddles to 50 cents, UTG+1 makes it 1.50. I push AI for 8.90 total. Solid 89 bb straddle imo.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the subtly of this strategy. Plus, you could reinforce the aggression by getting special chips with something like "I play big" or some other phrase that would encourage players to consider raising the blinds. You should allow the blinds to keep getting raised, like the doubling cube in backgammon. That would add some more interest.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good idea. I know I've seen some button makers on the internet somewhere, might not be too expensive either. Yea I think this idea could allow for multiple blind increases as long as everyone takes a second button, then a third button, etc. You know, blinds increase everyone passes the buttons in and the dealer passes them out again to those that want another increase.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why raise blinds when you can straddle [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Straddles will of course not be discouraged, this is just an additional element to the game. It could also be a good way to get a free tell on your opponents. For instance, what would you make of a gentleman who's built a big stack but refuses to take a button? Or another example, one or two players take a button right off the bat... How do you think they will play?
Old 04-21-2007, 10:47 AM

Try it out and see how it works. Primarily you have to worry about driving off the people who aren't interested in raising the stakes, since they risk facing much bigger stacks (and presumed aggression) when your subgroup plays overs.