Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2007, 06:22 PM

Default Re: observed stars 200/400

[ QUOTE ]
Ok couple things. Button is opening more than 60% of his hands here. When I play 3 handed I open like 75% and these 200/400 guys might be damn near 100% as far as I've seen. Also if the button folds the bottom of his range for two more (as I do when the BB is at all sane) then our hot/cold equity goes up a ton, which you didn't account for. Also, these sims just aren't that useful, there are plenty of flops where we will still have ace high and button will be totally unable to continue but this sim doesn't account for playability. I think pokerstove is the most misused tool ever to be honest.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

What button that ever opens 75% finds a fold getting 13:1 very often? In the games I play, you will be forced to fire two damn near every time into two opponents.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:55 PM

yeah, i dont think pokkermon has been playing well recently, and its because of spots like this, at least partially. horrible cap IMO
Old 04-14-2007, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok couple things. Button is opening more than 60% of his hands here. When I play 3 handed I open like 75% and these 200/400 guys might be damn near 100% as far as I've seen. Also if the button folds the bottom of his range for two more (as I do when the BB is at all sane) then our hot/cold equity goes up a ton, which you didn't account for. Also, these sims just aren't that useful, there are plenty of flops where we will still have ace high and button will be totally unable to continue but this sim doesn't account for playability. I think pokerstove is the most misused tool ever to be honest.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

I love that the guy who thinks that people are open raising with 60% of their hands and who opens with 75% of his hands thinks PokerStove is the most misused tool ever.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

- Andrew
Old 04-14-2007, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

I love that the guy who thinks that people are open raising with 60% of their hands and who opens with 75% of his hands thinks PokerStove is the most misused tool ever.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

- Andrew

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont get it - it is often misused, and poster has high stakes experience and likely has a good idea of how these games go.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:03 PM

It's a perfect example of GIGO.

- Andrew
Old 04-14-2007, 07:59 PM

This definitely falls into the "don't try this at home, kids" category.

But I've played a ton against pokker and no one play of pokker's should be considered in isolation. He understands the dynamics that flow from his preflop cap and plays postflop accordingly.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:52 PM

Someone who understands me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

This is of course not standard play from me, but the 2-4 game on stars is probably the most loose limit game right now. So I think capping with A8o there sometimes is not a disaster.

Btw, hyeroller had QJs.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's a perfect example of GIGO.

- Andrew

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl i just looked up gigo.

he sf, arent you too smart to fall for such things?
Old 04-15-2007, 03:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're overestimating Button's ranges by a pretty large amount here.

Rob
Old 04-15-2007, 06:17 AM

This whole thread confuses me. I have tons of respect for Andrew Prock but no clue what he is saying about my comments.

Entity, ok, if button is not opening 75% or more of his hands here, obviously I am overestimating. I don't play in this game, on stars, or 200/400 online, so my opinion doesn't mean all that much and I don't know the players.

-DeathDonkey