Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2007, 09:28 PM

Default Re: Deadwood SD

Just got back from playing at the Gold Dust. At 5:00 on a Tuesday they had 2 tables of 5-10 fixed limit going, one of which was a must move. The main table was a kill, while the feeder was not. The dealer asked the players if they wanted to make it a kill table and nobody really said anything except for one player who said no. At 7:00 the both tables were cleared to make way for the 7:00 PM $40+4 tournament, which had a total of 4 tables.

A player next to me said that a 2-10 spread limit game usually starts up after the tournament.

Players and dealers were friendly and everybody knew each other. I was the only player who people did not know. Play was average -- I've seen much worse. One thing I've never seen in any poker room is that the waitress actually waits until the current hand is over before taking drink orders. She will stand there and watch the hand play out before asking anybody at the table what they want. I think this is awesome.

Another thing is that every room in Deadwood I've played at so far has free snacks set up for the players. Not just bags of chips and candy either, they often have hot appetizers like chicken strips or egg rolls available.

Oh, and the Gold Dust has a total of 4 tables.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:36 AM

Played tonight at the Silverado. They had a 6:30 PM tournament with a 20+2 buy in and unlimited $10 rebuys for the first 3 rounds. You could rebuy at any point, regardless of chip count. They had 40 players.

As players busted out, a 3-12 spread limit game started. I played in this game and the owner of the Silverado was sitting to my left.

Sorry guys, have not had a chance to play at the Lucky Nugget yet. Stopped by Saloon #10 a couple times in the afternoon but they had no games going. By the way, Saloon #10 has full-pay single deck blackjack with a $2 minimum and $25 max. There is sawdust on the floor and the dealers use profanity while talking to their friends. It's great.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:44 PM

Played today at the Lucky Nugget. When I walked in they had a short handed 2-100 spread limit game going. The game remained short handed for the whole 2 hours I played there, with half the players being employees. There looked to be about 12 or so tables in the place. There was really no money to be made in this game at all. Very small pots, hardly any action. Turns out the one guy, Lance, has won a couple of Heartland Poker Tour tournaments. I'm sure it gets busier at nights and on weekends, but later in the day at Saloon #10 I heard people commenting that the place would probably be out of business soon, so take that for what you will.

Speaking of Saloon #10, walked in there at about 5:00 and they had a 2-10 spread limit game going. There are five or six tables in the place. Great atmosphere and very friendly dealers. One dealer, Marty, who I think is also a manager or somebody important, asked players their names when they sat down and greeted them or shook hands with them.

I have now played at all the rooms in Deadwood. Anybody have any questions. I just extended my stay through next week. :-)
Old 04-20-2007, 09:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Played today at the Lucky Nugget. When I walked in they had a short handed 2-100 spread limit game going. The game remained short handed for the whole 2 hours I played there, with half the players being employees. There looked to be about 12 or so tables in the place. There was really no money to be made in this game at all. Very small pots, hardly any action. Turns out the one guy, Lance, has won a couple of Heartland Poker Tour tournaments. I'm sure it gets busier at nights and on weekends, but later in the day at Saloon #10 I heard people commenting that the place would probably be out of business soon, so take that for what you will.

Speaking of Saloon #10, walked in there at about 5:00 and they had a 2-10 spread limit game going. There are five or six tables in the place. Great atmosphere and very friendly dealers. One dealer, Marty, who I think is also a manager or somebody important, asked players their names when they sat down and greeted them or shook hands with them.

I have now played at all the rooms in Deadwood. Anybody have any questions. I just extended my stay through next week. :-)

[/ QUOTE ]

It will be interesting to hear if the games are different on Friday and Saturday nights. The last time I was there it was a lot of fun but as soon as Sunday evening rolled around things seemed to really dry up.

I agree that the Saloon #10 was a fun place. I played in the Sunday afternoon tourney there and it was really fun. If you are going to enter any of the tourneys I suggest signing up early. We signed up Saturday afternoon and there were already people on the list and by Sunday late morning when we got over there it was full.
Every Sunday @ 2:00 PM : Texas Hold-Em Tournament: $40 Buy-In + $4 Entry Fee ~ No Re-buys ~ 40 players ~ 4000 Chips

Anyway, have fun and let us know how the weekend games are!
Old 04-20-2007, 09:40 AM

look for a dealer/player named Steve. He has a pony tail and uses a card protector that is a wizard I think... tell him Chad says hi if you see him. He's a great guy and if he's still there, he could surely point you in the right direction for poker/etc.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:18 PM

Sorry to bump an old thread but I live up there so I figure I can help.

Saloon #10 has the best quality games usually. They spread 2-10, 2-10/15 (Big River), 3-25 and sometimes a 2-100 or 3-100. From time to time on weekends there is a stud8 or O8. Free tap, bottled and well.

Silverado spreads 3/6 every day almost all the time. On weekends and some nights there is a 2-10 or 3-12 spread, sometimes a 3-25. On Tuesdays and Fridays they spread O8. Great munchie food, especially on weekends. Just about anything you want to drink is free.

Gold Dust runs a 5/10 often, on Saturdays a 10/20. Their tournament structure is awful though. A few free munchies and free drinks.

Cadillac Jack's spreads 2-10 and 5-50. From what I hear the 5-50 is a wild game and is the biggest game in town usually. A few munchies and free drinks.

Lucky Nugget opened with 15 tables. Even during the Sturgis Rally they never got more then 4 games. The only times they needed the tables was on Saturday nights for their $22 MTT. They cut it to 12 tables and opened BJ and 3 Card Poker to replace 3 tables.

The 2-100 seems to run short handed with employees. Besides that the games are few and far between. They get a couple of games after their weekend night tourneys. They have the only Friday and Saturday night tourneys in town. The Saturday draws 120 people, easily the biggest weekly event in town. They also hosted the Heartland Tour recently. Free tap and well.

May 18-20 is the twice a year $550 MTT. Tourist season is coming so things should pick up. There has not been much action as ski season is over but summer is not quite here.

Keep in mind the bet limit is $100. That is why there is so much spread type games IMO. Tourneys have no cap.
Old 05-05-2007, 02:09 PM

tytyty for the info. I'm planning to hit Deadwood up in August (prolly just as Sturgis is clearing out, I want no part of that zoo) and the info, esp. on the Lucky Nugget Card Room, helps.

I remember the big spread game at CJ's from being there the summer of '05 and that was the game I was really looking to get info on... was wondering if it had moved or stayed. ty