Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2007, 06:27 AM

Default Re: FOLD

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It is probably about 8 am and I am tired and frustrated......me in BB

[/ QUOTE ]

Pick up your chips and go home before the BB hits you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, my standard in this situation is to leave when I'm losing and frustrated, but I had only recently started losing and there were still I think two of the three huge fishes playing. If I was losing big I would be done anyway since I don't trust myself to play well when losing, but it was like 15 bets or something. The frustrated part was probably worse for me than the losing part, but I've been pretty unhappy with everything in general the past week so I felt like winning some downie money would make me feel better. The tired part is familiar territory for me because I pretty much always play 12+ hour sessions and leave when the huge fish go broke or a lot of new players come in. If I've been playing with the same 8 others for 8+ hours I know they're just as tired as me, and the mistakes they'll make as a result will be WAY bigger than the ones I make.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:49 AM

IMO - It peeves me when some one bets dark, it almost screams I missed, in most cases with a draw heavy board. I would probably c/f the river, as it looks like mr.glitter would call you for one more big bet here. He raised pre, called your c/r on flop, called your turn.... At that point go home and get some rest!!!!
Old 03-27-2007, 07:52 AM

I'm pretty sure he'd fold A/K high hands with a club in them on the river if he misses. He's sort of old, and in my experience old guys aren't the type to take high card to showdown as often as non-geezers. I probably should have included that in the OP. Then again, if I hadn't played the hand so awful in the first place I wouldn't have to post it.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:41 AM

Bet any river, but don't let him know that's what you are doing.