Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2007, 12:48 PM

Default Re: Woman Situation

Do you have any interest in being friends with this girl if she is not interested in a romantic relationship? If not, make it clear that you are interested romantically, and if she sidesteps or whatever, then you can just be done with it. You don't seem to have done anything more with this girl than I would do with my guy friends.
Old 03-24-2007, 12:52 PM

Old 03-24-2007, 12:52 PM

I only read the cliff's notes...but I think if you make her a couple days worth of crunchy eggs everything'll be fine...
Old 03-24-2007, 01:02 PM

GG-
First, she doesn't sound like she's worth the trouble. Second, relationships have become much more difficult with text messaging and e-mails. Five years ago you would know exactly where you stood, because there was a time when you actually had to talk to people on the phone or face to face. I have fallen into the same exact trap where sending a message is a much safer option for communicating rather than actually have a conversation. Safer, but far less effective at cultivating a relationship.

Good luck.
Old 03-24-2007, 01:17 PM

GG,

"Oh her...a friend I took to a game last week, why are you jealous, remember it was you who stopped talking to me"

"Had fun with you, If you wanna hang out give me a call, Ill leave it up to you as I honestly have no clue if you want to"

The subtext of your texts is like "Hey just wanted to remind you that you are totally in control of this relationship and can do whatever you want and I'll be here waiting and desperately hoping you like me."

Just let this one go. There's a miniscule chance that she'll actually start pursuing you, but definitely not if you keep going after her.
Old 03-24-2007, 01:30 PM

bkholdem,
Agreed, but I tend to frequent a bar in which I get 8-12 doubles and 15 shots on a tab and I pay between $1-5 bucks for the entire tab, then tip so I cant see making a broad pay all that much more for no reason, but will cut out the other spending [censored]

Scotty,
Ive grown to the point where being friends with girls with not an issue...in my youth it was all or nothing, but Ive grown to enjoy the company of females as friends, and this girl and I do have similar interests so hanging out is cool...and great perspective on the nothing more that hangin out with my guy friends...I never thought of it that way, and need to get out of the zone immediately.

Garion,
mmm Crunchy Eggs...what woman wouldnt fall in love with me if I did that, but I dont wanna kill her from a heart attack

Suited,
again agreed, it does take a lot of the necessary interaction to see if anything is there...so Ill stray away from that and do much much more direct contact thanks
Old 03-24-2007, 01:34 PM

ElD,
Now that I am stepping back and evaluating my actions, I am seeing this fault in my game...I need more vague indifference and less putting feelings out there, I know the "want things they cant have approach" is generally the best to use, but I tend to douche it up when things are at a speed I want it to be trying to force there hand
Old 03-24-2007, 01:35 PM

I had something similar happen 7 years ago. I just gave up after 4 months or so of it. My girl was more of an 8, thus why i kept trying. If your girl is really a 6, just drop it and move on.
Old 03-24-2007, 01:38 PM

4 high,

She is a 6, with an ass of an 8, and the personality that when you get to know her goes up....but on first visual inspection all my friends went 6...

...and we aways overgauge the ones we like
Old 03-24-2007, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
She is nuts and likes you as a friend.

That's basically it. She wouldn't have invited her friend to go along with you on your "date" if she really wanted to bang you.

Your mistake is trying to play it safe. You should have made sure she knew that the first date, was a real date. It seemed like this was a little grey and perhaps she thought it was just two friends who liked hockey going to a game. It really seems like you are also sending mixed signals. Man up and don't play it safe.

Stop talking to her. If she asks why, explain that you want to bone her. Either you will bone her or you'll stop talking to her completely. Problem solved.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gamble, I was going to write a long-ass reply but I can't for the life of me come with anything better than what esad has told you above.