Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2007, 02:03 AM

Default Re: Big pot brewing... deep wpt hand.

[ QUOTE ]
Question before i answer, do you think hes bad enough to limp/call a suited ace in EP?

[/ QUOTE ]

wahts bad about doing that 400+bb deep?
Old 03-24-2007, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i'm curious what ansky would have besides air/66/88 here.

maybe i'm wrong, but it'd seem like turn would be a check behind with pretty much anything else

[/ QUOTE ]

You would check Ax here? Why not try to take it down, especially if the x is raggish??

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're saying you bet A2 as a bluff here? Because that is what you are saying.

Either way, to bet to "take it down" is a pretty vapid statement
Old 03-24-2007, 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm curious what ansky would have besides air/66/88 here.

maybe i'm wrong, but it'd seem like turn would be a check behind with pretty much anything else

[/ QUOTE ]

?

why would I not bet AK AQ A8 a6 here? His hand really looks like Ax so I dont expect most random ppl to check fold that on this turn.
Old 03-24-2007, 02:26 AM

lol- vapid is correct.

I suppose it is a bluff, but if your hand is no good here isnt this a cheap way to find out?
Old 03-24-2007, 02:27 AM

I trust your read, but for most bad players doesn't strong is weak, weak is strong hold up?
What does villain think of you? I know a lot of online players in Fallsview were playing pretty crazy because they were so deep.

If he sucks couldn't he be doing this with something like AJ because three of a kind is the nuts, but than again older people tend to be nits. c/c, c/r is usually such a strong line, but this deep you figure he would lead or check raise this flop with A8,A6,88,66. I don't know this is a really tough spot with a lot of aces and I guess it would be a pretty tough spot with 66. I'm just kind of rambling here so some of this might not make sense.
Old 03-24-2007, 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol- vapid is correct.

I suppose it is a bluff, but if your hand is no good here isnt this a cheap way to find out?

[/ QUOTE ]

how about checking behind? Last time I checked 0 dollars is less than 2000-3000 right?
Old 03-24-2007, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I trust your read, but for most bad players doesn't strong is weak, weak is strong hold up?
What does villain think of you? I know a lot of online players in Fallsview were playing pretty crazy because they were so deep.

If he sucks couldn't he be doing this with something like AJ because three of a kind is the nuts, but than again older people tend to be nits. c/c, c/r is usually such a strong line, but this deep you figure he would lead or check raise this flop with A8,A6,88,66. I don't know this is a really tough spot with a lot of aces and I guess it would be a pretty tough spot with 66. I'm just kind of rambling here so some of this might not make sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

What you say makes a lot of sense, and I agree.

While it would be a pretty silly way to play any hand really from his point of view, he could easily be a dumb monkey who thinks he just turned the nuts with an ace.
Old 03-24-2007, 02:39 AM

wow people responding this so far are really dumb.
if you're sure he likes his hand then his range is 66, 88 AJ+ A6 A8. He doesn't wat to check the river and fear you checking behind meaning he wants it. Now his opinion of what he wants to get in with can vary a hell of a lot from what we think it should be... But I'm looking at lots of old people in WPTs limp-call AK early posn in early levels. I see it all the time. I'm giving him AQ or AK 60 % of the time, hitting either set about 20 % of the time and A6 A8 AJ 20 % (because of the combined chances of A6 and A8 having to be suited since he's tight because he's old and UTG and the fact that there is some % he waits to the river to raise.. ESPECIALLY if he feels the board is crippled) This is assuming he always thinks he's str5ong which I can definately buy cuz hey, we're live and we should know that. There is no hand I call here because if we want to get it in he'll oblige us.
Old 03-24-2007, 02:42 AM

Ansky,

I see his range as being 55+, KQ maybe, and A7+. On the flop, if he hit his set, all the old nits would check to the preflop aggressor. Him just calling narrows his range down to probably 66, 88, or maybe an mid-overpair like JJ (but that is doubtful.) A7+ is still definitely in his range obviously. I suppose 79s is a random possibiliy.

On the turn, the cr definitely indicates strength. He may have filled up here, with his ace rag (A6, A8), or his set on the flop. Any straight draws are now out of the range.

The only hands I would bet the turn with would be boat, or AQ+. I am thinking you have have 88 or something similar as evg mentioned earlier.

You would just smoothcall his raise if you had a boat and wanted to make him feel pot committed. What if he did have a hand like JJ, and cr'd you on the turn, and then got 3 bet? Pretty sure even a stubborn old due would lay it down in that case.
Old 03-24-2007, 02:44 AM

he's OLD and LIKES HIS HAND. Those ranges and thought processes for what's in his mind are way off