Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2007, 06:58 PM

Default Re: 49ers FA pickups and draft analysis

One thing, the two seem to be sturdy. The SF Defense has been physically brittle the last couple of years.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:29 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

they seem to think we;re taking jarret, who im still kinda iffy on. i think we should bundle some picks, move up and take calvin johnson. that would be so [censored] sweet.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"A lot of things that went on in Philadelphia weren't football-related," Lewis said. "That is the nature of the business, but I have something to prove. I want to get back to where my name needs to be, as one of the top safeties in the league – as I feel I am.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www1.pressdemocrat.com/apps/p...0/1010/SPORT01

[/ QUOTE ]

i wouldn't put too much stock in what lewis says about the situation. he's not exactly going to come out and say that he was benched because his coverage skills suck.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
they seem to think we;re taking jarret, who im still kinda iffy on. i think we should bundle some picks, move up and take calvin johnson. that would be so [censored] sweet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would love for the Niners to trade up to get CJ, but its just not going to happen. I think the draft pick value chart says that the niners would have to give up a 1st, 2nd and 3rd in order to move up to the Lions #2 pick. Nolan isn't going to do that. I dont see the Browns or Bucs trading out of their picks. Only way I could see it possibly happening is if a team trades up to #2 and picks Quinn, Browns take Peterson, Bucs take Thomas, Cards figure they're good on WR and take Adams and Niners move up to 6 and take CJ, but thats pretty far fetched.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:06 PM

I think our pick is a reach for Carriker or Willis. I'd much rather continue going with the best available player
Old 03-05-2007, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"A lot of things that went on in Philadelphia weren't football-related," Lewis said. "That is the nature of the business, but I have something to prove. I want to get back to where my name needs to be, as one of the top safeties in the league – as I feel I am.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www1.pressdemocrat.com/apps/p...0/1010/SPORT01

[/ QUOTE ]

i wouldn't put too much stock in what lewis says about the situation. he's not exactly going to come out and say that he was benched because his coverage skills suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've watched every Eagles game for at least the past seven or eight years. Trust me, it was his performance that got him benched. He didn't have a solid year in 2005, and he was a huge liability in coverage this year. He played pretty well as a third-down linebacker, though.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think our pick is a reach for Carriker or Willis. I'd much rather continue going with the best available player

[/ QUOTE ]

Jarrett is a bigger reach than either of these. Willis is in many people's to 10 and could be BPA.

If I was a 49er fan, I'd be praying that the Falcons trade up to take CJ and LaRon Landry falls into your lap. That seems unlikley, so I'd be content with Willis.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:53 PM

I could see the Niners taking Reggie Nelson.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:17 PM

I admittedly don't know a ton about Willis, I don't remember seeing him there on most mock drafts, but things have changed alot in the past 5 days. Most mocks I've seen had Carriker as ~20 or so, though I guess that could have changed as well. Laron Landry would be a dream, but as you said I can't see him getting by Atlanta
Old 03-06-2007, 02:17 PM

Big Niners fan here, I'll share my take on the offseason.
I'm very happy with the Clements deal...he will team up with Harris to give us very good coverage. I like the Michael Lewis deal as well...he does have coverage issues, but if we use him properly I think he will have an awesome year for us. Lelie is pretty much useless...I really hope we go after Horn or Stallworth. If not, we need to go WR in the draft, and I really don't want a rookie WR getting much playing time. I also expect us to make a push for Briggs. We have enough early picks to make this trade happen, and that would fill a big hole at LB.
As for the draft, I hope and pray that Branch or Landry will fall to us...since that probably won't happen, I'm hoping for Carriker. He should be the best 3-4 DE avaiable at our pick, and we have got to start getting some sacks.
I think we have a chance at the division this year. The 'Hawks still make me nervous, but we could dethrone them if everything goes according to plan. GO NINERS!