Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2006, 06:46 AM

Default Re: **The Aristocrats - Move Review**

If you like laughing, you will like this movie. Just one point of view and it's sad OP did not enjoy this movie. I laughed my ass off at this movie, and i'm gonna have a drunken bash and watch this movie.

i posted my version of the joke in OOT and it was deleted =/ i told a version of the joke while out drinking with my friends and they were killing themselves laughing. it's a funny movie, don't go in with expectations, OP went in expecting too much. have an open mind and let everything go, don't get offended, it's freakin hilarious
Old 02-13-2006, 09:31 AM

This is not a movie you should see or not see based on reviews. The nature of this movie is such that opinions are going to be all over the place. My advice is this. If you are a fan of offensive humor, you should see this movie just to see it. You might like some parts, dislike others, but you'll never really know for sure until you see the film. If you are easily offended or are not interested in hearing about some of the most vile acts ever, stay as far away from the film as possible.

The film is also best watched with friends of yours who enjoy that type of humor.

I loved the movie. I don't think I've laughed that hard since Jackass. It truly could have been the funniest movie of all time had it not been for some crappy editing. Too often funny comedians were cut short and boring crap was left on too long. That was about the only thing that detracted from the film IMO.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:45 AM

i think you need to watch this movie a few times to sort of "get it".

i rented it a couple of weeks ago and was telling a friend how funny i heard it was etc and when we were watching it, it seemed like the stupidest movie i'd ever seen. we were both pretty disappointed.

i watched it again by myself a few days ago and sort of got into it. i guess i was kind of nervous (not nervous, just wanted my movie pick that i said was hilarious to be quite good) when watching it with my friend, so when it sucked for a while i started to hate it.

anyway, it's an alright movie but i'd never recommend it to anyone.

i agree with the OP, i thought the south park version was gold, so i had really high hopes that the rest of the movie would be equally as funny, but was obviously let down.
Old 02-13-2006, 01:47 PM

I'm surprised OP left out what was easily the funniest version in the film, although possibly this is because it's the last one and he was burnt out / didn't watch it.

It was Doug Stanhope telling an amazingly descriptive and horrible version to his infant son. This guy used to be on the Man Show, right? I remember thinking that show was a terrible piece of [censored] even before Jimmy Kimmel left.

Actually, the best version is in the bonus features on the DVD, where they feature a full version of several comedians' performances (they sometimes cut back and forth on the DVD which is lame). If you want to, just watch a little bit of the movie to get the description and then cut to the bonus features and watch "Remember when I took you to Seaworld?"

Overall there is too much self-congratulatory and masturbatory stuff in the main flick, but it definitely has its moments. I'd recommend most people see it.

NT
Old 02-13-2006, 01:55 PM

Watch it.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:08 PM

eh, its worth watching once if you think it might be interesting/funny. Its drags on, and like OP said, there is only a little bit of gold in it. But its still kind of a cool premise, and if you are into comedy or standup or something, it isnt bad.

OP is definitely tight tho when he said its a one time watcher, you arent really ever gunna watch it again.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:53 PM

I will join the chorus saying that it's definitely a movie worth watching once. And I also feel obligated to point out Kevin Pollack's hilarious impression of Christopher Walken telling the joke in every Aristocrats thread.

-McGee
Old 02-13-2006, 04:18 PM

Funny you have this posted today because I saw about half of it Saturday night. It was very very marginally funny for the first time the joke was told but the same joke told over and over with different versions by he various famous comedians wasn't funny at all to me.

I would definitely skip this one.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...Kevin Pollack's hilarious impression of Christopher Walken...

[/ QUOTE ]

Jay Mohr's Walken >>>>>>>>>>>&gt ; KP's
Old 02-13-2006, 04:55 PM

I enjoyed the movie, although I think it could have been edited and changed a bit.

NT is right on regarding the bonus features. Saget's whole thing is just amazing (i think he was just trying to talk as long as possible and he is just [censored] insane), as is "Remember when I took you to SeaWorld."

Sarah Silverman was actually better in the context of the movie I thought. Kevin Pollack as Walken was [censored] awesome and after this movie I actually like Gilbert Godfrey.

I wish I had heard nothing about the film before or had been able to see someone perform the joke libe without knowing it's history. Even though it was incredibly built up for me, I enjoyed it and am glad I saw it.