Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2007, 10:27 AM

Default Re: review hand 2-4 full tilt QJo

[ QUOTE ]
About raising the flop... why? Is it to improve our chances of winning by spiking an over?

[/ QUOTE ]

Primarily, yes--cleaing up outs. And against this opponent we are pretty much assured of getting a free card on the turn (I would not fire again there, even if the raise folded the rest of the field, as my hand has no showdown value unimproved and I'm not going to count on the weak/tighty to find an expert fold).
Old 03-02-2007, 11:43 AM

Blah.

I would probably raise PF, especially if the limper is weak (and how could he not be, if he open limped in the HJ?).

I would consider a flop raise, since we have two overs and the board is a rainbow, but I don't mind the call.

I agree with everyone else: You must bet this turn. You have too much equity and there is a reasonable chance that it could get checked through if the button had something like a T or a draw that missed.

The river is confusing, but if you bet the turn, maybe things would have been more sane.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:41 PM

I fold not wanting to get in between the tight and the aggressive.

raising has a few problems :

the aggro may read a preflop raise as an Isolation play and 3 bet you . also you rate to be behind the tight limper with your fairly weak hand in this samll pot

However if the aggro respects the tights play and your flat calling and is less apt to raise calling is OK.

In addition if the blinds will almost always call in any event you can call and gain good relitive position should the Aggro raise by simply checking to him on the flop. given their loose calling standards they will often pad the pot for you as they are apt to make weak calls also on the flop and play badly thereafter.

If the aggro doesnt raise all the better. You still have room to play the flop

OK on the flop I would raise or try for a check raise if it becomes a large pot situation. (it really depends on how the others react to the aggro.

on the turn I would bet out if checked to or raise if bet into.

who knows what action the river would bring if you would have played as suggested.

timmer
Old 03-02-2007, 10:57 PM

Preflop raise is a loser. Button is aggro and could be problems later in the hand. Keep the pot small for now so if you hit TP, you got a better shot at protecting it.

Otherwise, everything else stated above sounds about right.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would probably raise PF, especially if the limper is weak (and how could he not be, if he open limped in the HJ?).

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I would isolation raise some of the time here. Then read chatbox rage from HJ when we get to SD with a worse starting hand than his. But of course I think it's a close decision and I think it would depend on certain factors.

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop raise is a loser. Button is aggro and could be problems later in the hand. Keep the pot small for now so if you hit TP, you got a better shot at protecting it.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think the PF raise is a way to get the button out of the hand.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I would isolation raise some of the time here. Then read chatbox rage from HJ when we get to SD with a worse starting hand than his. But of course I think it's a close decision and I think it would depend on certain factors.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think the PF raise is a way to get the button out of the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think your getting aggro out of the pot by raising.
Isolation raise against this opener is an incremental loser.
you have a volume hand that needs help. best case is that you get in for 1 bet in a multi way pot. second best is that you get to close the action for 2 bets and get last relitive position on a flop that hits you with a draw. this is a hard row to hoe so That is why I suggest folding preflop.

or call and pray for a J72 rainbow flop and then hope it totally blanks off

you'll have loads of opportunity to take these k00ks off later with a much better hand situation.

But I knew 2+2ers would never buy that one.

FOLD QJo in between a tightie and an aggro!!! pure Heresy!!

I find it an easy fold preflop though.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:41 PM

Button is described as being aggressive, not a maniac. He's not going to merrily coldcall or 3bet with any two cards.

And while our QJ probably does need to improve in order to win a pot at showdown, if we can get the button & the blinds out of the way, we're not going to have to show down very often against this limper.