Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   review hand 2-4 full tilt QJo (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=344756)

Point Blank 03-02-2007 12:48 AM

review hand 2-4 full tilt QJo

8handed with Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the cut off

pre flop
weak tight open limps from the hijack, we call, as does an aggro BTN, sb and bb too

FLOP
T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
checked to hijack who lead outs, we call, BTN raises, hero and hijack call

TURN ... K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
check around

RIVER: ... 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
hijack leads out, we raise, BTN 3bets, hijack caps we call, btn calls

<font color="blue">i like a flop raise, as even against a hand like AT we are about 50% with overs and oesd ... also we could force out weaker hand

as played I like a turn donk ... BTN is aggro and does not need top pair to raise the flop, if the King doesn't help him he may not bet the turn

on the river ... after the weak tight bet/caps I don't think our straight has too much going for it

also ... on the flop after the weak tight limps in I think a raise might be alright</font>

Chino987 03-02-2007 01:22 AM

Re: review hand 2-4 full tilt QJo

why are you not betting the turn. my god that is bad

BigBadBabar 03-02-2007 01:32 AM

what happened on the turn?
on the river as played i call the cap and if someone got there so be it. but we should have gone wild on the turn.

Allday Everyday 03-02-2007 02:55 AM

I'd consider raising preflop.

I think the flop is good.

I think you should have bet the turn with the intention to reraise.

I think your river raise is good. I would sometimes fold to the cap depending on my reads on the villains.

WalkAmongUs 03-02-2007 08:50 AM

you absolutely have to bet this turn.

dopp16 03-02-2007 09:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd consider raising preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm, maybe I need to read some more books

threads13 03-02-2007 09:09 AM

What is wrong with a turn c/r?

Pondy 03-02-2007 09:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you absolutely have to bet this turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

definately. You're going to get at least a call, and still get raised on the river.

Harv72b 03-02-2007 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The K on the turn scares a lot of hands and will produce a check-through fairly often--it brings an overcard to a flopped top pair hand and completes the most obvious draw on the board (which we have). For that reason I agree with donking the turn here.

I also agree with raising preflop. Buy the button &amp; put the impetus on Mr. weak/tight to flop a hand.

Speaking of Mr. Weak/tight, his river action really puzzles me. The river cap coupled with our read on him screams "flush", but then what is he betting on the flop when the top card is a club? He couldn't have had a straight draw + clubs as we're holding the J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]...odd. For that reason, I go ahead and make the (perhaps crying) call, too. Oh, and I absolutely raise his flop bet every time.

threads13 03-02-2007 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The K on the turn scares a lot of hands and will produce a check-through fairly often--it brings an overcard to a flopped top pair hand and completes the most obvious draw on the board (which we have). For that reason I agree with donking the turn here.

I also agree with raising preflop. Buy the button &amp; put the impetus on Mr. weak/tight to flop a hand.

Speaking of Mr. Weak/tight, his river action really puzzles me. The river cap coupled with our read on him screams "flush", but then what is he betting on the flop when the top card is a club? He couldn't have had a straight draw + clubs as we're holding the J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]...odd. For that reason, I go ahead and make the (perhaps crying) call, too. Oh, and I absolutely raise his flop bet every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree with the PF raise with the read.

About raising the flop... why? Is it to improve our chances of winning by spiking an over?