Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2007, 10:50 AM

Default Re: Sunday $1M vs westmenloAA

[ QUOTE ]
If he's overaggro I c/c. Possibly lead/call a blank turn. Is this guy someone well known? Sounds like a donk just from the hand you described.

[/ QUOTE ]
No he's very good he won the sunday million and he's mjorgenson on full tilt. Mjorgensen plays in a lot of the big games he's a very good player.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:59 AM

If he's a cash player I like c/c even more. I'm sure he's raising a wide range on this flop, but bet/3bet is not a great line for us even so.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If he's a cash player I like c/c even more. I'm sure he's raising a wide range on this flop, but bet/3bet is not a great line for us even so.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't know what to do here but I don't like being raised or called on this flop and I don't think any hand that wants a free card is going anywhere if we bet so I'd rather give a free card than start inflating the pot OOP against a good player with a bigger stack.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:42 AM

So I came out where Registrar did and checked. He bet ~$1k into the $1500 pot, I called (will give rational after you guys weigh in), and the turn came 9 pairing the board (I don't have access to the HH here).

Pot's now ~$3500.

"Hero" ??
Old 02-13-2007, 11:45 AM

You gotta lead here...that's a good card for you...
Old 02-13-2007, 11:46 AM

CR. I think he'll put you on a hand like QJ/QT pretty often and try and blow you off it. I doubt he expects a tourney player to c/c flop and cr turn, so I think he will bet alot of his drawing hands.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:08 PM

Against someone I know is going to reraise my cbet everytime, I'd rather shove over his raise and take it down here. You'll have to make a strong bet on the turn anyways, might as well do it now before the scare card hits.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he's overaggro I c/c. Possibly lead/call a blank turn. Is this guy someone well known? Sounds like a donk just from the hand you described.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFLMAO, I wish to be a donk like him someday
Old 02-13-2007, 09:48 PM

OK - so not only do I suck at poker, I suck at posting hands in the forum :-(

Here's how the hand played out w/o results.

Here's what I was thinking - reasonable or not??

Preflop I assumed that he'd likely raise w/ anything that had me dominated (to get HU in position) and when he called I assumed it was w/ a hand he wouldn't mind playing multi-way (since his call might well beget another) so I put him on a range that was any pair 22-TT maybe JJ, and a wide range of suited/unsuited connectors/gapped connectors. I assumed he was unlikely to be playing a hand that I could have dominated since I was playing pretty tight and there'd be no reason to hook-up w/ me w/ a couple of mid broadway cards.

On the flop I'm thinking that the board is so coordinated it's the kind that you have to hit hard to bet and if you did hit it hard you have to bet it and bet it hard. I was sure that he'd play w/ me so I didn't want to bet it and get my fingers chopped off. I checked assuming he'd either check behind and take a freebie or more likely he'd pot it or overbet it repping a hard hit and I could fold. When he value bet it I was surprised and thought maybe he had a draw or was just stabbing at it so I called - most of the range I had him on missed and I was still on the page that any hand that hit hard would be vulnerable and left w/ lots of scare cards on the turn so he wouldn't price in a variety of draws. Is this thinking correct?

The turn 9 didn't change much unless he filled up in which case he's no longer concerned about the draws. Pretty sure I blew it here, C/C flop and lead this turn for 1/2 pot would be pretty strong line that should tell me whether or not he's got the nuts. I called using the same logic as the flop and now find myself playing a big pot, OOP, against a better player and not knowing where I'm at - beautiful. Assume a 1/2 pot lead here is better/best?

River bricks and now I'm thinking I gotta check and pray he has a marginal hand w/ showdown value (of which there is none in the range I have for him) and checks behind, plus if chips are going in here I can only be ahead if he goes first. The "check prayer" goes unanswered, I puke, and use the same logic as before to justify a call.

Thoughts?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (9 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Button (t26725)
SB (t13525)
BB (t11625)
UTG (t18025)
UTG+1 (t7000)
Hero (t11100)
MP2 (t18550)
MP3 (t17700)
CO (t7800)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t600</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls t600, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>.

Flop: (t1500) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets t995</font>, Hero calls t995.

Turn: (t3490) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets t1925</font>, Hero calls t1925.

River: (t7340) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets t7777</font>, Hero calls t7580 (All-In).

Final Pot: t22697
Old 02-13-2007, 10:40 PM

i have no idea what he has, hard to put him on a hand. Not sure i like the c/call allin river though. pretty intreseting hand, would like to see what he showed down.