Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2007, 08:52 AM

Default Re: NHL Trade Deadline, rumours, etc.

[ QUOTE ]
Sooo... I think the Sabres will try to add some defense depth if possible, Aaron Miller has been talked about but he always comes up since hes a Buffalo native.

[/ QUOTE ]

Miller is surely available. I think Lombardi is holding on to see what kind of price he can get for him. But I'm not sure he's your answer if you are worried about injuries.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ducks need a scoring winger, particularly a LW. Nagy would have been perfect, but the price was way too high for the Ducks who don't have a 1st rounder for a couple years (or a 2nd rounder for that matter).

The Ducks have plenty of cap room, but I'm just not sure if they have the assets to get a decent scorer without giving up some of their biggest prospects. Brian Burke is a genius though. He'll figure something out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ducks need defense. they will pick up at least one depth d-men. doubt they get any help up front.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't be serious? Ducks don't need another D-Man. They picked up Ric Jackman recently and that's enough. Their offense has way more problems then their defense.

Niedermayer-Beauchemin
Pronger- O'Donnell
O'Brien-Jackman/DiPenta
Old 02-13-2007, 01:51 PM

nice post.

darcy is really cautious with making trades, so i dont really expect anything to be done in the near future. But fwiw, most of his trades have been very solid, in my opinion. He's just not the type to trade young prospects for an overpaid for a veteran on the decline.

the sabres will definetly miss gaustad, as they're getting bullied a lot in the games i've seen. I dont think the sabres should make any moves for defense. They're always hurt, but there is a ton of depth. cambell didn't deserve to be an all star starter imo (although i love his spinorama move), and i think he's just coming back down to earth.

As for the forwards, having connolly come back is gonna be huge. and vanek just seems like he's going to become a dominant forward in this league. we could use a physical presence to replace gaustad- but who do we give up?

Biron has been playing really well, and i think Miller has been 'alright'. I still think miller is better then biron, but i like having a dependable backup, especially because miller is still young and i have no idea who our 3rd goalie is right now. If we had noronen still, it would be a different situation.

stealthcow-
Old 02-13-2007, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ducks need a scoring winger, particularly a LW. Nagy would have been perfect, but the price was way too high for the Ducks who don't have a 1st rounder for a couple years (or a 2nd rounder for that matter).

The Ducks have plenty of cap room, but I'm just not sure if they have the assets to get a decent scorer without giving up some of their biggest prospects. Brian Burke is a genius though. He'll figure something out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ducks need defense. they will pick up at least one depth d-men. doubt they get any help up front.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't be serious? Ducks don't need another D-Man. They picked up Ric Jackman recently and that's enough. Their offense has way more problems then their defense.

Niedermayer-Beauchemin
Pronger- O'Donnell
O'Brien-Jackman/DiPenta

[/ QUOTE ]

Ask buffalo about counting on 7 d-men.
Old 02-13-2007, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Brian Burke is a genius though. He'll figure something out.

[/ QUOTE ]

True that. I'm from Vancouver, big Canucks fan, out in Calgary for school. I still wish we had him, but our team was moving in a different direction.

I was surprised to learn the Flyers are the 4th best PK in the entire league, as they just resigned Kapenen. I would have figured they'd be shopping him, amongst others.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:10 PM

I want another d-man on the sharks. We have two first round picks [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Doug Wilson is notorious for doing nothing though. I'm kind of pissed that the Bruins got rid of Stuart for nothing... wtf Wilson?!
Old 02-13-2007, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Niedermayer-Beauchemin
Pronger- O'Donnell
O'Brien-Jackman/DiPenta

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That was just horrific luck. 7 NHL experienced d-men will be fine in the playoffs for nearly every team in the NHL. The Ducks don't need to add an 8th defenseman just-in-case when they NEED another everyday forward in the Shannon/Hartigan/AHLer of the week roster spot. They do not need another everyday defenseman.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Niedermayer-Beauchemin
Pronger- O'Donnell
O'Brien-Jackman/DiPenta

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That was just horrific luck. 7 NHL experienced d-men will be fine in the playoffs for nearly every team in the NHL. The Ducks don't need to add an 8th defenseman just-in-case when they NEED another everyday forward in the Shannon/Hartigan/AHLer of the week roster spot. They do not need another everyday defenseman.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a Sharks fan, I hope you keep relying on Jackman [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-15-2007, 08:50 PM

Forsberg to Nashville for Scottie Upshall, Ryan Parent, 1st &amp; 3rd round picks.

Nashville is scary [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-15-2007, 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Forsberg to Nashville for Scottie Upshall, Ryan Parent, 1st &amp; 3rd round picks.

Nashville is scary [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

big news. Him and Kariya and Sullivan and others will be deadly on the PP and on a line together.