Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2007, 09:09 PM

Default Re: River bump

I'd definitely 3bet preflop and if I somehow didn't then I would certainly be betting the flop. Even though I think you have the best hand I think your play here is to just call. At first I liked 3betting, but that shuts out the other 2 guaranteed so you win 1 bet at most when ahead and lose 2 when behind. If you just call you lose 1 when behind and are likely to collect at least 1 overcall from a frustrated top pair or something that thinks the pot's too big to get out.
Old 02-11-2007, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i would strongly consider 3-betting preflop and 3-betting the river. co's hand reeks of a smaller flush more so than a boat.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would 3bet preflop from ANY position but mine. With button being PFR and me having such a great position on him i can still hope to get favorable flop and be able to win it with just one pair (or sometimes with no pair) if i can keep the pot to about 7BB. Would you agree with that? Am i giving up too much value as a trade off?
Old 02-11-2007, 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

This is a great spot to go for overcalls. Just to add, with hero's holding the highest flush CO can have is ten high and I think he has a super easy fold to your river 3 bet in a protected pot with a paired board. Reopening the betting seems like a bad plan especially since the pot will be too big to fold to a 4 bet even though our hand will never be good in that spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I think it's a bad spot to go for overcalls. Solid players are going to fold a lot.
Old 02-11-2007, 04:29 AM

I would 3 bet here
Old 02-11-2007, 04:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i like calling given your description that this guy is a 2p2er/ him not raising the turn with a boat is bad, so a smaller flush makes sense, however even with that calling is probably better due to one of the other two hopefully calling anyways. basically if you 3bet its doubtfull either of them will call anyways and are risking an extra bet for one when you can call and get a freeroll on the extra bet +1.

[/ QUOTE ]

To add to this the 2p2 guy may not even call a 3bet with a smaller flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a great spot to go for overcalls. Just to add, with hero's holding the highest flush CO can have is ten high and I think he has a super easy fold to your river 3 bet in a protected pot with a paired board. Reopening the betting seems like a bad plan especially since the pot will be too big to fold to a 4 bet even though our hand will never be good in that spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great spot for overcalls IMO.
Old 02-11-2007, 12:08 PM

Donk the flop.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:40 AM

Default Results

[ QUOTE ]
i like calling given your description that this guy is a 2p2er/ him not raising the turn with a boat is bad, so a smaller flush makes sense, however even with that calling is probably better due to one of the other two hopefully calling anyways. basically if you 3bet its doubtfull either of them will call anyways and are risking an extra bet for one when you can call and get a freeroll on the extra bet +1.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thats what i thought and just called. He showed me KJ and took the pot. How many bets did he leave on that table???
Old 02-12-2007, 02:46 AM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Thats what i thought and just called. He showed me KJ and took the pot. How many bets did he leave on that table???

[/ QUOTE ]

CO played this hand about as poorly as he could have without folding postflop.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:47 AM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

CO played this hand about as poorly as he could have without folding postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really. He messed up the turn.