Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2007, 10:10 AM

Default Re: 25NL What to do with AA on this flop?

This board is really drawy, I'm calling flop then on a blank turn -not the 8 which puts 4 to a str8 on board I'm betting/raising if donked into.

Villan is likely drawing, if not then we'll find out on the turn. On the turn our equity vs drawing hands is much better so pushing here is better for those that want to push[not on this turn card].

As played I would c/call flop and turn and c/fold river -board has hit every single draw and any overpair that we beat is likely to not call many big bets.

Hand is quite tricky, but RIO really, as long as we don't make the pot big then villan is making mistakes by calling out 3bet with speculative hands and a turn bet on a blank turn. Raising the flop makes draws/ overpairs with hearts play more correctly IMHO.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the hand was played fine. Do you allow want to allow a naked heart the correct price to draw? Of course not and your nice flop bet precludes this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Second thoughts:
Maybe putting in $8 on the flop is better. Just enough for those overcard hands with one heart to be paying too much.
Limit your risk.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Second thoughts:
Maybe putting in $8 on the flop is better. Just enough for those overcard hands with one heart to be paying too much.
Limit your risk.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is really bad advice. I dont think you have considered the equity edge which villain has against us on the flop which evaporates on the turn, nor have you considered your FE versus this villain or the fact that a heart stops all action dead on the turn anyway so losing our stack is irrelevant because it's not going to happen.
Old 02-03-2007, 06:06 AM

i don't raise this flop big like you did. i think i call the flop and call a smallish bet on a non heart turn.

Getting it in which you did basically on the flop with a str8 flush on board sucks with a naked pair of aces imo.
Old 02-03-2007, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Second thoughts:
Limit your risk.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is really bad advice. I dont think you have considered the equity edge which villain has against us on the flop which evaporates on the turn, nor have you considered your FE versus this villain or the fact that a heart stops all action dead on the turn anyway so losing our stack is irrelevant because it's not going to happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which equity edge? Against JJ-22 we have 57%. Other possible holdings will probably increase this slightly.