Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2007, 07:01 PM

Default Re: Why I Stopped Posting On This Forum **Very Long**

I find it very strange that I'm the only person that seems to agree with Nato. Do any of you do this type of stuff for a living?

If not I can understand your willingness to put time into something that's not helping you generate any income.

Numerous times I've told myself not to bother posting anymore it's not worth the time involved. AIM conversations outside of this forum are much more constructive. But the people that actually seem to know what they're doing don't really post here much anymore.

There's a few like colt who seem to be taking some action. But who else?

I want to help on this forum otherwise I wouldn't post at all. I like to help people. But it's really a big distraction and time waster. I want to be able to get something back in turn. Whether it be affiliate commissions, direct sales of a product I make, list building whatever.

For the meantime I'll continue to post more useful content on forums that generate better discussions with more knowledgeable people, that I can actually develop leads from.

Cheers,

Josh
Old 01-31-2007, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why am I posting now? Well I've had several people contact me and ask why I don't post here anymore. There is also a thread asking for a review on a paying website that I was a member of. Let me start off by saying that there are some great people on this forum. I still keep in touch with several of you guys off the forum and I have helped a lot of you make your first dollar on the internet.

I won't go and explain my life history but I do make the majority of my money in Internet Marketing. I used to contribute valuable information that took me years to learn on this forum. The information I gave sparked a lot of interest on 2+2 and all of a sudden the majority of the posts was talking about Internet Marketing. There was even a forum project at one time with a goal of making money online.

I was receiving so many pms asking me questions from Adsense to Adwords. I was spending a lot of time answering back pms and talking to people on AIM and other messengers. This was time that I was taking away from my business. I had to either stop helping people out or start charging them for my time.

I did not stop helping people out. What I did was have them sign up for things that they needed for their business with my affiliate links. Things like webhosting and other tools needed for their business. This was a win win for everyone. I didn't have to charge them and I could still continue to help them.

I guess some people did not think this was appropriate and started complaining. Without arguing I just stopped posting. Mainly because it was not worth the trouble and to be honest I got no value from this site and I did not play poker anymore.

There is a ring of people that talk outside of this forum and are actually making money. The reason for this ring is because this forum really doesn't offer real substance or discussion on how to really make money. You just hear the same adsense type questions over and over again.

Why should someone spend their time to offer free advice on this forum? There is no value for someone already making money to post on a forum like this. Look around the forum. The majority of the threads are beginners helping other beginners.

There are many people from the outside "ring" I mentioned that want to post more here but feel restricted. Most of these guys started up just months ago and through my help and others have already started making money. Their advice and knowledge would benefit everyone.

How to improve this forum? I really don't know. I feel like I can't make a thread because of fear of being called a spammer if I post a link. I much rather go to a forum like The Warrior or CYN where there is value and a benefit to posting.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAH trying to pull a Majesty. LOL.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I want to be able to get something back in turn. Whether it be affiliate commissions, direct sales of a product I make, list building whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that's the way successful forums are built -
I'll reply to your post on how to play AK after a 60/10 limper but you're going to have to sign up using my party poker affiliate code first.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:45 PM

Some people just value their time more than others. I could spend all day posting about how to make money but I choose to implement my ideas and actually do what I talk about. It would be hard for me to spend all my time making posts to build a successful forum or site that wasn't my own.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I find it very strange that I'm the only person that seems to agree with Nato. Do any of you do this type of stuff for a living?

If not I can understand your willingness to put time into something that's not helping you generate any income.

Numerous times I've told myself not to bother posting anymore it's not worth the time involved. AIM conversations outside of this forum are much more constructive. But the people that actually seem to know what they're doing don't really post here much anymore.

There's a few like colt who seem to be taking some action. But who else?

I want to help on this forum otherwise I wouldn't post at all. I like to help people. But it's really a big distraction and time waster. I want to be able to get something back in turn. Whether it be affiliate commissions, direct sales of a product I make, list building whatever.

For the meantime I'll continue to post more useful content on forums that generate better discussions with more knowledgeable people, that I can actually develop leads from.

Cheers,

Josh

[/ QUOTE ]

Many of us run our own businesses but refrain from actively using this forum to market our services. There are lots of places to get leads.

While I may not get immediate gain from posting here, having an environment where I can ask questions from people more knowledgeable than me on certain topics creates value in and of itself.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:16 PM

The only problem we have with this forum is the fact that we need more people. If you post a question you probably will get a good response within a reasonable period of time, but it could be better. I think we should all digg this forum. We could possible get a few tech savy people to join.

I dont know what you want from the forum. Do you want to get a salary for the time you spend on here? Do you want us to buy some crappy info guide from you? WHAT DO YOU WANT AND WHY ARE YOU HERE???????
Old 01-31-2007, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It would be hard for me to spend all my time making posts to build a successful forum or site that wasn't my own.

[/ QUOTE ]

But see the thing is you don't have to spend all day nor read every single post here. Just put please don't PM me in your posts that you think may generate PMs. Or if you do want to sell services through PM go ahead, just don't make your posts sound like a sales pitch.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Some people just value their time more than others. I could spend all day posting about how to make money but I choose to implement my ideas and actually do what I talk about. It would be hard for me to spend all my time making posts to build a successful forum or site that wasn't my own.

[/ QUOTE ]

So basically.... You don't want to help us because you don't feel you get anything in return. OK. See you later.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:03 PM

I'm willing to bet that a majority of the people that post here either run their own site(s) or are working on site(s), most of which have nothing to do with "money making", per se As such, you're not likely to see many posts from these people trying to sell or market services.

If everything you do means you must make a buck then by all means please leave. Fishing for PMs to sell services and such is shady, and it's nice to know that 2+2 doesn't have that kinda thing here.

I run a few sites on a part time basis, and interacting with others doing the same can provide motivation to do something new, get and/or give feedback, etc. Hell I think the best post here was the one where everyone posted their site!
Old 01-31-2007, 10:33 PM

LOL. If I was offering a service or selling a product this wouldn't be the site I would do it on. This forum has zero traffic and would be a total waste of time. Good luck.