Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Business, Finance, and Investing (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Why I Stopped Posting On This Forum **Very Long** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=320238)

Nato76 01-31-2007 05:37 PM

Why I Stopped Posting On This Forum **Very Long**

Why am I posting now? Well I've had several people contact me and ask why I don't post here anymore. There is also a thread asking for a review on a paying website that I was a member of. Let me start off by saying that there are some great people on this forum. I still keep in touch with several of you guys off the forum and I have helped a lot of you make your first dollar on the internet.

I won't go and explain my life history but I do make the majority of my money in Internet Marketing. I used to contribute valuable information that took me years to learn on this forum. The information I gave sparked a lot of interest on 2+2 and all of a sudden the majority of the posts was talking about Internet Marketing. There was even a forum project at one time with a goal of making money online.

I was receiving so many pms asking me questions from Adsense to Adwords. I was spending a lot of time answering back pms and talking to people on AIM and other messengers. This was time that I was taking away from my business. I had to either stop helping people out or start charging them for my time.

I did not stop helping people out. What I did was have them sign up for things that they needed for their business with my affiliate links. Things like webhosting and other tools needed for their business. This was a win win for everyone. I didn't have to charge them and I could still continue to help them.

I guess some people did not think this was appropriate and started complaining. Without arguing I just stopped posting. Mainly because it was not worth the trouble and to be honest I got no value from this site and I did not play poker anymore.

There is a ring of people that talk outside of this forum and are actually making money. The reason for this ring is because this forum really doesn't offer real substance or discussion on how to really make money. You just hear the same adsense type questions over and over again.

Why should someone spend their time to offer free advice on this forum? There is no value for someone already making money to post on a forum like this. Look around the forum. The majority of the threads are beginners helping other beginners.

There are many people from the outside "ring" I mentioned that want to post more here but feel restricted. Most of these guys started up just months ago and through my help and others have already started making money. Their advice and knowledge would benefit everyone.

How to improve this forum? I really don't know. I feel like I can't make a thread because of fear of being called a spammer if I post a link. I much rather go to a forum like The Warrior or CYN where there is value and a benefit to posting.

rjp 01-31-2007 05:44 PM

Re: Why I Stopped Posting On This Forum **Very Long**

No one has a problem with anyone posting links.

The problem starts when people post affiliate links and/or links to a site along with something like "use this code to signup and I'll send you something".

That, my friend, is spam and not something that's appreciated here.

This doesn't mean refrain from posting links to sites you run that have ads or affiliate links on them, as if it's something useful then it's appreciated. Every website has to make money.

Banditgberg 01-31-2007 05:49 PM

I am a recreational poker player and stick around 2p2 because of BBV (and 4lyfe) and this forum...

I did check out Warrior and was turned off by its narrow spectrum of just internet marketing and everyone selling e-somethings...

I think people who want to start a pet supplies shop online, open a bar, flip a house, or other ideas should feel free to post here and brainstorm as that can be the motivation or the "AHA" moment...

i am sorry you don't find other posters useful, but your knowledge is always wanted/appreciated

BradleyT 01-31-2007 06:09 PM

Eh, to me this looks like a typical IM post fishing for PMs so you can start selling them your services.

Anyway, didn't we already do this thread or am I having deja vu?

Nato76 01-31-2007 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Eh, to me this looks like a typical IM post fishing for PMs so you can start selling them your services.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no services to offer and this post was made to spark a discussion on how to improve this forum.

Ron_Mexico 01-31-2007 06:22 PM

You get out of the forum what you put into it. The greatest asset this forum has is its people. I do not recall reading anything particular usefull or interesting that you posted. What do you want us to start paying you for you information? Do like the Ludacris song and Run Away and Never Come Back!

dc_publius 01-31-2007 06:29 PM

I hate vague posts impling big things but pitching one to buy ebooks, sign ups for things, etc, PMs for more info, which is how alot of your posts are structured.

You don't need to sell to everyone to get value out of this forum, and if you are good at what you are doing, then you shouldn't need to pitch stuff here anyway.

Ron_Mexico 01-31-2007 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no services to offer and this post was made to spark a discussion on how to improve this forum. Are you going to post anything of value or are you just going to make accusations?

[/ QUOTE ]

You could have focused on possible things that could be improved and not made it about how you know and we waste your time. Your title Why I Stopped Posting On This Forum **Very Long** not What WE Need to do to Make This Forum Better.

Sniper 01-31-2007 06:39 PM

Nato, I'm listening... feel free to make all the suggestions you want for how this forum could be improved...

elus2 01-31-2007 06:40 PM

Due to the broad range of this forum topic, it will never replace a lot of the established forums that focus on specific aspects of making money. There are lots of specific forums dealing with restaurant management, internet marketing, website design, career+professional development, etc.

The value from this forum could come from getting broad advice and learning what kind of questions to pursue in different fields of study.

There's also value to be had when people do Ask Me type threads expanding on specific topics that they have a lot of experience in. I believe James Boston did one on mass advertising.

The willingness of posters to share knowledge without any immediate gain has always been one of the key reasons many of us read the forums in the first place imo.