Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2007, 03:48 PM

Default Re: CAZ top set on river

[ QUOTE ]

10 min later he shows JTh

[/ QUOTE ]

lol @ this part. j/k, of course. I hate it when that happens. However, as the old saying goes, the money he won in this pot is only on loan and players like him are what make that game good.
Old 01-25-2007, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Theres nothing to think about here. The pot's too big to fold and 3betting would be major spewage so just call and hope for the best.

[/ QUOTE ]

1: hero is getting 16:2 - which is 8:1 immediate odds without closing the action. In the best case scenario the hero will get 9:1 with implied odds, possibly 1 bet more

2: The hero is good here around 5% of the time at best. The hero needs to win 12% of the time for calling to be positive EV if you apply Bayes Therm.

In my view this is a CLEAR fold.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 01-25-2007, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOl, Im assuming this is a joke. The hero doesnt have any super read on the villain. If anyone folds in this spot they need to give up poker right away and start playing roulette or something.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Theres nothing to think about here. The pot's too big to fold and 3betting would be major spewage so just call and hope for the best.

[/ QUOTE ]

1: hero is getting 16:2 - which is 8:1 immediate odds without closing the action. In the best case scenario the hero will get 9:1 with implied odds, possibly 1 bet more

2: The hero is good here around 5% of the time at best. The hero needs to win 12% of the time for calling to be positive EV if you apply Bayes Therm.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are clearly retarded.

in case you are blind, hero has QQ, not AQ
Old 01-25-2007, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
easy call. your other two options aren't even worth discussing unless you have a specific read on your opponent that you haven't mentioned

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually think folding is worth discussing. When I reply to an online hand a lot of times I think that I know the "right" line but might not be able to actually do it in practice. If I played this hand in a live game I think I could actually make myself fold without too much difficulty as long as I felt I was beat.

That said I wasn't there, so I can't say folding is right, just that it may be worth giving some thought to. I certainly want to call, but I could be persuaded otherwise with additional information.

[/ QUOTE ]

Becuz the hero doesnt know the villain that well, folding is not worth discussing.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, TT you messed this one up. First of all, he's getting 17:1 (and he IS closing the action). Secondly, it's an EASY call. I wouldn't 3-bet because of the two draws that made it (both a straight and flush, making a river raise less likely to be just a set/2-pair), but I wouldn't fold either. Folding here is pretty horrible, but thinking it's "clear" is even worse.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, TT you messed this one up. First of all, he's getting 17:1 (and he IS closing the action). Secondly, it's an EASY call. I wouldn't 3-bet because of the two draws that made it (both a straight and flush, making a river raise less likely to be just a set/2-pair), but I wouldn't fold either. Folding here is pretty horrible, but thinking it's "clear" is even worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow I really screwed this up. I read it as hero is third to act with a better and a raiser, forcing the hero to cold call two (dyslexia time!). Absolutely I am calling this!

Old 01-25-2007, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you are clearly retarded.

in case you are blind, hero has QQ, not AQ

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not retarded. In my original reply I said I would call and expect to lose. The typical player in this type of game is going to have you beat almost always when he raises that river. Why would I call then? First, because I'm not good enough to fold. Second, because I'm a regular in that game and if people see me folding to river raises all the time they are going to be making moves on me more. I flatter myself that if I were travelling and amongst strangers I MIGHT be able to fold in this spot.

Edit to add:

I see I just stuck my foot in my mouth again. But I'm not a coward so I won't delete this reply. Have at me.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hass --

PM me a name and I can probably help more.

In some sense this is a standard 3bet/call four. Against plenty, though, it's better to call. One thing that makes this close is that so many players are irrationally averse to being aggressive without the initiative.

Oh, and one thing that makes the threebet standard is that so many players will be tricky and wait for the river with a worse made hand such as a flopped underset.

So, threebet and call four.

--Nate

[/ QUOTE ]

wow wtf kind of game is this? bingo? against just about anybody in the entire world of holdem if this river goes 4-bets you should be instafolding.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hass --

PM me a name and I can probably help more.

In some sense this is a standard 3bet/call four. Against plenty, though, it's better to call. One thing that makes this close is that so many players are irrationally averse to being aggressive without the initiative.

Oh, and one thing that makes the threebet standard is that so many players will be tricky and wait for the river with a worse made hand such as a flopped underset.

So, threebet and call four.

--Nate

[/ QUOTE ]

wow wtf kind of game is this? bingo? against just about anybody in the entire world of holdem if this river goes 4-bets you should be instafolding.

[/ QUOTE ]

In all honesty, I missed the straight possibility. Although against many in that game I 3bet/fold.

--Nate