Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2007, 01:10 PM

Default Re: Caesars Info

Thanks again Bav,
From what you and others have said, it sounds like Bellagio and Wynn will be the most reliable for 8/16 and up all of the time. Seems Mirage and Caesars are hit and miss for anything over 6/12 so I may avoid them. From posts lately it also seems Venetian has been getting 8/16 going regularly so I will probably go there for the noon tourney and cash games afterward.
If anyone has anything to add on these assumptions thanks, if not see you in March.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:51 PM

Last time I was at Caeser's they had one 6/12 game going, had a long list and never got into the game. Played in a really soft NL game instead......Went to the Mirage late morning/early afternoon, they rotated between a 6/12, 10/20, and 20/40 all day it seemed. They would try to open the 10 game, it would kill the 6 game, then the 20 game killed the 10 game, etc....
Old 01-10-2007, 03:26 PM

These are about the limits I play, and I am really familiar with weekend games there. So in order of a combination of quality of game combined with how frequent it goes, here is what I rate them:

1.) Wynn $8-16 - going every time I'm there(afternoon and evening) and filled with crap players. Very good.

2.) Bellagio $8-16 - Going every time. Can range from juicy to super nitty tight.

3.) Mirage $10-20 - This would be number two but the last few times I've been there, it wasn't going or was very shorthanded. It used to be my favorite game in Vegas.

4.) $6-12 or $8-16 at Venetian. I'm not sure what they are offering. The only reason this game gets a ranking at all is because the room is nice and the cocktail waitresses are hot. If your at Mirage and don't like the game, its worth a walk across the street to check out V.

5.) $6-12 Mirage - This game really kinda sucks and it doesn't go often enough.

BTW, you would be doing yourself a HUGE favor if you step up to $15-30. There are usually 2-4 tables going in the evening at Bellagio. Non poker playing tourists stop in and play at this level frequently and also some of the regulars really suck. Overly aggro douches that go on tilt real hard. I've seen guys pull out $1500-2000, then on my next trip watch them tilt that away. Some of those guys think they are pros and play that way there all the time.
Old 01-10-2007, 05:27 PM

Thanks for the info on that 15/30 Sternroolz. I have played both Bellagio and Wynn 8/16 and they were both pretty good so maybe I should consider steping up to 15/30 for the first time next trip.

I will be there W-F so how does that change what you have said?

Looks like I will be sticking with Bellagio and Wynn mostly with a little Venetian thrown in for the good NL tourney. Mirage and Caesars sound hit and miss and often shorthanded on weekends so it's probably safe to assume they will be even worse midweek.

How about the waitresses at Wynn? Not bad either!
Old 01-10-2007, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I will be there W-F so how does that change what you have said?

[/ QUOTE ]

Less availability of the $6-12 and $8-16 games. Games will start and end earlier in the afternoon/evening. The $15-30 games tend to break earlier and are not as juicy. Even the overly aggro regulars aren't as easy to beat as the complete donkey tourists are.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:39 PM

Default Re: Poker room rate

$119 during the week $199 weekends
Old 01-11-2007, 05:57 PM

For tournies check out http://www.pokertournamentformula.co...ournaments.htm
And pick based on how much time you have, how much play you want for your money, and your skill level.

Mirage has some nice 10/20 games sometimes. If you have the 'roll and are at a 10/20 table of rich donkeys who ask the brush to start a 20/40 table, then go with them.

There are excellent 8/16 games at Bellagio. They also have 4/8 which I will sometimes play in while waiting for a higher game but I try never to play lower than that. It's almost a waste of time playing the 3/6 game at Mirage even if there's not a better game, for example.