Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Caesars Info (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=302271)

PorkchopDJG 01-09-2007 01:06 PM

Caesars Info

Hey All,
Heading to Vegas in late March staying at Barbary Coast because It was cheap and I wanted to be mid strip and close to the big poker rooms.
I am mostly a limit player with some NL tourneys thrown in. I know I will probably be playing a lot at Bellagio because it will be right across the street but I also wanted peoples opinion on Caesars. I love the daily noon tourney but want to know if they ever get 6/12 and higher limit games going there? Last Nov when I was there they had only one 6/12 table going and it took forever to get on.
I am deciding between playing either the Caesars and Venetian tourneys and if they can't get above 6/12 going at Caesars I will probably be more likely do the Venetian.
Any Info and advice on this is appreciated.
Thanks

SplawnDarts 01-09-2007 01:35 PM

Re: Caesars Info

The cash NL at Caesars is soft during the day. The limit was soft too, but I think stopped at 6/12 the day I was there. On my last trip I saw medium-sized limit at Bellagio, Venitian, Wynn, and Binnion's.

rageotones 01-09-2007 02:53 PM

i just got back. the poker room was busy when i was there, but the 6/12 only had a list of interest on a thursday night.

bellagio has good limits going most of the time (8/16 and up)

PorkchopDJG 01-09-2007 03:43 PM

Wow so they didn't even have a 6/12 LHE game on a Thursday night at all? What was the biggest limit game they had going that night 3/6? Middle Limit really is dying in Vegas isn't it?

Can any other Vegas regulars or locals comment on the highest limit games they get going at Caesars and if they only happen on weekend nights.

PorkchopDJG 01-10-2007 12:02 PM

Any locals or regulars with info on middle limit games at Caesars? What is the highest they get going? When do they get it going?
Bav?
Allvegaspoker??
Anyone???

bav 01-10-2007 12:19 PM

I think I've played 6/12 at Caesars twice in a year, so I don't pay too much attention. But they do get 6/12 going many nights. I haven't seen 10/20 in eons; perhaps on special nights they can get 10/20 started, but don't count on it. For that matter, don't really count on 6/12, but I think it goes more often than not on reasonably busy evenings. A friend visiting the week before Christmas played the 6/12 game on Thursday and Friday before XMAS and it was going by late afternoon.

If 6/12 ain't going at CP, Mirage is next door to the north and may have 6/12 or 10/20. And Bellagio is the other direction and offers 8/16 and 15/30 (Bellagio's games are the most likely to be available).

ThinkQuick 01-10-2007 12:23 PM

Poker room rate

does anyone know if Caesars is still offering a room rate for 8 hours of play per day?

PorkchopDJG 01-10-2007 12:25 PM

Thanks Bav,
I appreciate your posts and insights regarding Vegas poker.
I will be in Vegas W-F at the end of March, if you had limited time where would you go for the best mid limits during that time?

8/16 at Bellagio, Wynn or Venetian
10/20 at Mirage

Again thanks

bav 01-10-2007 12:53 PM

I don't play 8/16 and 10/20 often enough to have significantly informed thoughts. Punch the poker room phone numbers into your cell phone so you can call ahead and ask if they have the limit game going you're interested in and save some time and footwork. And some rooms will let you add your name to the waiting list on the phone, too.

I think Wynn usually has an 8/16 or two going, and Bellagio usually does as well. Mirage 10/20 is a bit more hitNmiss, I think, kinda like 6/12 at Caesars. And no idea about V...never done anything but NL and tourneys at V and just haven't even paid attention to what else is being dealt.

rageotones 01-10-2007 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow so they didn't even have a 6/12 LHE game on a Thursday night at all? What was the biggest limit game they had going that night 3/6? Middle Limit really is dying in Vegas isn't it?

Can any other Vegas regulars or locals comment on the highest limit games they get going at Caesars and if they only happen on weekend nights.

[/ QUOTE ]

i know they had 3/6 going, and a crapload of NL, but i didn't notice any game going over 3/6. there were a lot of interest lists going including mixed games and what not.