Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2007, 03:59 PM

Default Re: A3s with a 4 flush on the flop

Raise or fold preflop against the UTG limper. You want to buy the button if you're going to iso-raise so you can take advantage of his tight play. I wouldn't mind folding here though since he is so tight.

Just call on the flop. You don't have an equity edge here against his range and you can then lead out on any club. If another player had of called I would raise.

The rest of the hand plays fine.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think the flop is just a c/c. You raise isn't for value so really it is a semi-bluff. I probably c/r this river as I expect the opponent to bet and call here very often given that he may not put you on a FD from your flop play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a very good point. Thx. I also have a question about suited aces in EP.. Do I limp with these first in? Do i need 1 other limper first?

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume you mean A9s-A2s, right? I don't generally limp these up front but if you have a REALLY loose game then I think it is fine to do so with A9s and A8s. You shouldn't really be doing a lot of open-limping of these sorts of hands, really. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I missed the the stats you gave the EP player in your post so that makes me lean stronger towards a PF fold but I think a limp is ok if you think that it won't be raised behind you and that there is a good chance the button will come along.

There are a lot of factors with these sorts of hands.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You don't have an equity edge here against his range and you can then lead out on any club.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone said earlier in this post that they would prefer a c/r if a club fell. Why do you suggest leading out instead?
Old 01-04-2007, 04:25 PM

I think if you hadn't of been 3-bet on the flop then I would lead out on the river because you want to make sure a bet goes in on the river. If you c/c the whole way then c/r the river some of opponent's will not call the raise. If they won't call the raise then it is better to bet out so that you don't risk it being checked behind.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You don't have an equity edge here against his range and you can then lead out on any club.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone said earlier in this post that they would prefer a c/r if a club fell. Why do you suggest leading out instead?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like to confuse people into calling down. I would sometimes check raise as well depending on the opponent. I don't want this to get checked down though when a scare card hits.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:59 PM

*First time poster* Please bear with me as my grunching spreads around the micro limit forum.

Pre-flop: The limp in LP and the call with 3 others in seems like a standard line. Do pot odds justify playing this heads up? I'm folding if UTG and BB both fold.

Flop: I like your show of strength here with the reraise because you can steal this on the turn or river if villain doesn't continue to show strength and you miss your outs. As well, I think you can put villain on a big hand such as AA, KK, KcQc, KcJc etc.

Turn: Standard call as he's probably beating you but you have odds to call.

River: Capping line is standard. If villain turns over 5c7c give him credit for imagination + luck.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
*First time poster* Please bear with me as my grunching spreads around the micro limit forum.

Pre-flop: The limp in LP and the call with 3 others in seems like a standard line. Do pot odds justify playing this heads up? I'm folding if UTG and BB both fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to forum. What odds are you getting on calling the raise? 5.5/1 or something? There are not many situations at all where I willingly put in one bet pre-flop but will fold for one more. Not at the micros.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:22 PM

im just wondering...y does the way he played the river matter? he got all his money in with prolly the nuts cause 5c 7c prolly isnt in givin pf action....so y does c/ring profit over the way the hand was played?
Old 01-04-2007, 05:40 PM

In this case it didn't because villian was in love with his hand. I'd expect him to turn over something nice like AA, KK or maybe a very overplayed AK, but when you're against more sane opponents they may just call a raise here. In that case you lost one bet with the virtual nuts.

By check raising you let them bet, and then raise them for an additional one BB. Which is a very nice extra bit of profit. The check raise here is purely for value.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im just wondering...y does the way he played the river matter? he got all his money in with prolly the nuts cause 5c 7c prolly isnt in givin pf action....so y does c/ring profit over the way the hand was played?

[/ QUOTE ]

A sane player isn't going to raise this river to a donk on a 3-flush without a read that you are full of crap. But he is much more likely to call a raise. OP got lucky villain got out of line without the nuts.