Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2007, 09:51 PM

Default Re: AJo, A on 3 suited flop, lots of peeps

[ QUOTE ]

i changed my mind on this one, ive been raising AJo after lots of limpers and from the blinds (with or without lots of limpers). where previously i would just limp/complete/check.

[/ QUOTE ]

interesting, ive gone the other way. I used to always raise this now Ill limp it more often than not, with that many limpers (geez I wish I saw that many in my standard game [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ) I'd limp for sure. same with KQo in LP after lots of limpers. I suck at EV calculations and dont want to get into a limp or raise debate as I believe both are fine. OP, strictly speaking either limping or raising will have a better EV but really I think it is close, depends on the standard of villians and that all in all that you shouldnt be worried about.

[ QUOTE ]

i dont have any good reasoning for this except that the book told me to. maybe im getting more comfortable post-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
well Im actually quite comfortable playing this hand postflop when i didnt raised preflop.

regarding the 'wait ti the turn', ignoring everything else, I dont like it because it leaves you playing a guessing game. I want my opponents to be guessing as to what I have and not the other way round. when we get the flop, get called and the get checkraised on the turn in a protected pot we really dont have to guess.

eg in this hand, as played if MP1 3 bets the turn HU...what ya gunna do? what if someone calls heros turn raise and MP1 3 bets it anyway? huh?
oz
Old 01-03-2007, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I dont even know. My intuition says its plainly wrong to await the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

right.

[ QUOTE ]
You must let the people pay for their 4-flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

rethink.

[ QUOTE ]
Because theres no difference between flop and turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:58 PM

Aussie. Dont know how frustrated you became, but [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
I think AJo is still a raising hand in late position because limpers limp with A3o or J9o. All kind of hands you dominate.
No?!
Old 01-03-2007, 10:20 PM

I agree with limping with AJo against that many players. If you have AQo you should raise, but AJo is borderline. I asked about AQo last week and some of the responses refered to limping with AJo in the same situation. AJo loses a lot of value in a multiway pot.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

does anyone know how i would go about calculating how my pot equity changes

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds like you need www.pokerstove.com

[/ QUOTE ]

I did the calculation (using monte carlo, is that wrong?... the other setting gave me errors) and on the flop my pot equity is ~28 then on the turn it is ~34 so yes i should have raised the flop because there is not that big of a dif, yes?

[ QUOTE ]

I think AJo is still a raising hand in late position because limpers limp with A3o or J9o.

[/ QUOTE ]

I lost to the SB who had A3o
Old 01-03-2007, 10:32 PM

Lol. You got me. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Hey. I dont want to have any war here.
Lets have peace, ok? Because its too stupid for me too further this argument.
Peace. Peace, allright?
Old 01-03-2007, 10:37 PM

But anyway.
Youre on Davidson College.
I dont really need to learn about Davidson College.
I know you are elite.
But anyway, Im still winning... and not American...
Old 01-03-2007, 10:40 PM

aussie,

ive done the same with KQo too. so now i always raise KQo and AJo PF where i used to just limp them under certain conditions. i.e. lots of limpers.

i guess part of my reasoning is, with no raisers, you should be a favorite, so push that edge. while AJo plays better against fewer opponents, it should still be a favorite against many unraised hands even with multiple opponents, so while your egdge is smaller, there should be more dead money in the pot.

something like if you raise pf against one opponent and you have say 60% equity on the flop (TP or something), the pot will be like 5-6 bets so your equity is 3sb.

if you raise against 5 opponents there will be like 12-13 bets. so even if you only have 25% equity, you are no worse off against 5 opponents on the flop as you are against one.

again, i havnt really thought this out, or run any numbers or anything. but it feels about right.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:15 PM

unterfish,

i was bringing actual strategy content into this strategy thread. usually, i don't derail these.

also, if i were to post a pt screenshot of of only my fall semester i would win immediately.

holla.