Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2007, 10:25 AM

Default Re: Young Beginning Player Searching

Tiburon when he said 5/10 he meant in cents not dollars.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:06 PM

Your bro plays. Sounds like your bro wins.

You are already waaaaay head of every other newbie because you have your brother as a resource. Do everything he tells you to do and you will become a winning player in no time as well.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tiburon when he said 5/10 he meant in cents not dollars.

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes a lot more sense. I thought it was a little weird when he mentioned playing 5/10 along with $1-$6 tourneys [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].
Old 01-09-2007, 04:03 AM

Ok, I've been playing between pokerstars and fulltilt as I have money on both.

I've lost about 20 dollars on starts and seem to be stuck at about there. I've mostly been playing 3-6 dollar SnG mostly for NLHE.
Then I decide to play with some of my FTP points and win a satelite to the 2500 FTP satelite to 400k.

Until today though, I have changed my style somewhat. For a while, I stuck to ABC poker, which is good for cashing but not winning. Then at some point I realized that position was more useful than I thought. Instead of playing strictly premium hands, I occasionally play different hands if the time seems right.

During the 300 FTP tourney, I specifically used this strategy where the table felt tight. And there was no point in time where I was OOP with an average hands like KT or suited connectors.

Right now, I love playing in short-handed games. I seem to play even more aggressively Heads-Up where my only loss there was KK vs. QQ.

I am about 100 pages away from finishing Super Sytstem, and I think this is where I began to think more aggressively.

Other games I've been playing within the last week or two.

Omaha and Omaha H/L Even though I hate Limit Hold'em, it is better for me to play limit Omaha instead of NL. My favorite thing about this games is the massive draws and redraws that present itself.

Razz

2-7 Low Triple Draw

5 card draw

Don't really like Stud, I'm not to good at this.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:00 PM

What I don't get is why you would encourage your little brother, who openly admits he has an addictive personality, to play poker online.

We win money off of people who can't lay down cards, tilt, or just play bad. You don't want that person to be your little brother do you? Anyways it is too late allready, let's just hope hobo wins money, and can stand the beats he will have to endure, will move down when he has lost a couple of buyins instead of moving up, etc...
Old 01-09-2007, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What I don't get is why you would encourage your little brother, who openly admits he has an addictive personality, to play poker online.

We win money off of people who can't lay down cards, tilt, or just play bad. You don't want that person to be your little brother do you? Anyways it is too late allready, let's just hope hobo wins money, and can stand the beats he will have to endure, will move down when he has lost a couple of buyins instead of moving up, etc...

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't say that I can't lay down cards or that i'm just a bad player. I know when I'm beaten, even if I have an over pair to the board and I'm rarely in the pot without a hand.

When I tilt, it's usually after the secon major suckout within an hour. I can handle the first pretty well.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well to be honest my brother and I have two way different personalities. This good grounds for us to connect, talk and compete with one another. He wanted to learn and I showed him a few things. He is headed in the right direction and he is playing micro limits. I dont see what is wrong with this?
Old 01-12-2007, 04:37 AM

There is nothing wrong with that.

If you are a winning player(which I think you are), your bro is going to notice this and try to make money like you do. But you got him started early which is also good.

I too am 17 and my brother plays all the time. At first I really didn't care for it, but then I noticed his winnings and got hooked. Luckily he teaches me and and for when I turn 18 in march, I'm going to put money on stars and try my best.

I have played online, a lot. but not for massive amounts.

just my $0.02 cents