Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2007, 08:58 PM

Default Re: FTP Answers 1/3

[ QUOTE ]
Ummm, he was being funny.
I laughed.

Give him (and me) a break.

I don't even play on FT but I definitely appreciate his participation around here.

Saying that this thread is a reason to not play on FT is ridiculous.

Stars has a history of just cherry-picking the Q's they choose to acknowedge (which I'm also fine with btw).

I honestly don't understand why Doug is getting dumped-on about this. He doesn't have all the answers. Some things are definitely not going to be changing right-away. And he is saying so.

[/ QUOTE ]

I (and I'm guessing others) understand this and appriciate this from Doug. But we are also consumers looking for the best product. Maybes can only keep consumers hanging around for so long until we look elsewhere for... (resizeable tables, rebuys, draw games, T$'s, etc.)

Doug has every right to be ambiguous, and we have the same right to pursue for more ironclad answers.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:00 PM

Doug,

You should have FTP seriously reconsider the following Iron Man criteria:

"If, for some reason, you fail to qualify for any of our Ironman Freerolls in a particular month, your status will be reset and you will begin earning medals at Month 1 levels when you re-qualify."

The whole purpose of the ironman is to reward your long term players who play day in and day out.

However, if I play for an entire year and take a single 1 week vacation, I am completely back to square one [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

That is absurd.

Dropping back one level seems a lot more reasonable.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:05 PM

Better yet, make the Iron Man based on total points and not days played.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:09 PM

1.) Can we have a "half pot" button on NL tables? Since it might keep some of the loose players from blowing their stacks too early, it would benefit FTP.

2.) Can you put an optional "Are You Sure Y/N" popup when a player goes all-in? Same reason. Perhaps the only good feature Playtech added to its software is this one.

3.) Why is there no $1 standard SNG? It seems like a strange omission. You have two SNG tourneys and turbo at that level, but not regular NL. I think it would be popular?

4.) Can you lower the rake on the .10NL nanolimit tables? That 10% rake is extreme.

Thanks for listening.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1.) Can we have a "half pot" button on NL tables? Since it might keep some of the loose players from blowing their stacks too early, it would benefit FTP.

2.) Can you put an optional "Are You Sure Y/N" popup when a player goes all-in? Same reason. Perhaps the only good feature Playtech added to its software is this one.

3.) Why is there no $1 standard SNG? It seems like a strange omission. You have two SNG tourneys and turbo at that level, but not regular NL. I think it would be popular?

4.) Can you lower the rake on the .10NL nanolimit tables? That 10% rake is extreme.

Thanks for listening.

[/ QUOTE ]

plsdie
Old 01-03-2007, 09:18 PM

I think the monitor you guys added (guess as I can't find an actual model number, but it looks identical from comparing pics) is the SAMSUNG 204BW which has a native res of 1680 x 1050 which is only moderately useful for poker players as you can fit 4 tables, but with overlap. The SAMSUNG 204B has a res of 1600 x 1200 which is 4 tables w/ no overlap.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:44 PM

HU PLO ffs.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:50 PM

Still need to add a sit out next blind button for speed tables. Trying to time it right when you want to leave is hard when you are playing several speed tables.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

5. "The "slider" for sizing bets at NL seems to be completely broken."

- I've been fighting for some changes to the slider (and associated auto-focus issues with the bet box) for a while now, and I think we're getting ready to make them. I hope to see them in the next few months as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

personally i love the slider bar. it's so much better than stars. although i did dislike it at first. just takes getting used to i guess.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
4. "No "filters" for the lobby."

- The next phase of the lobby restructuring is in the planning stages. We hope to address at least 99% of everyone's remaining complaints about filtering in that one. It won't be for a while, though, so for now "high/medium/low" will have to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you get to addressing this, go to a Tain network site and steal their method of filtering for your own client. Seriously, it's perfect.