Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2007, 05:54 PM

Default Re: ($38 6 handed) 66 help

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Easy shove. Open raising is more exploitable so just shove all your chips in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya completely agree. Let's not get too crazy trying to limp here, and it sucks having to raise/call allin, so just put it in before they have the chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I limp, I fold to a RR here. That is why I am leaning towards folding preflop. 66 is just too tough to play vs. these guys with this stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is so akward about the stack?? You limp, SB and BB check. If you like the flop and choose to c-bet....you bet 200. If you get re-raised, you fold and still have 12 BB's left. Not an awkward stack and still a +EV play.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:55 PM

i ran a push on powertools and it had it at slightly minus ev, i think i had them calling with 88+, AJo+ and AJs+.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Easy shove. Open raising is more exploitable so just shove all your chips in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya completely agree. Let's not get too crazy trying to limp here, and it sucks having to raise/call allin, so just put it in before they have the chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I limp, I fold to a RR here. That is why I am leaning towards folding preflop. 66 is just too tough to play vs. these guys with this stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is so akward about the stack?? You limp, SB and BB check. If you like the flop and choose to c-bet....you bet 200. If you get re-raised, you fold and still have 12 BB's left. Not an awkward stack and still a +EV play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agreed you could play it this way for a limp (in my comments above). My awkward comments were about trying to raise preflop (which you can't do - in this situation). Like I said above limp or fold. If you think they will raise your limp, just fold and save the 100 to push during the next level or a better hand.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:06 PM

"What is so akward about the stack?? You limp, SB and BB check. If you like the flop and choose to c-bet....you bet 200. If you get re-raised, you fold and still have 12 BB's left. Not an awkward stack and still a +EV play. "

how does having 66 help me, besides set value, with your method as opposed to having 95 or something like that? in both cases im folding to a raise preflop, and im probably folding to a bet on the flop, and im going to cont bet if checked to. id say the odds of a 23 4 or 5 flop are about the same as a 239 flop. i feel somewhat that if i limp with 66, im just limping cause it seems like a good hand, but im not really using that value to my advantage.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"What is so akward about the stack?? You limp, SB and BB check. If you like the flop and choose to c-bet....you bet 200. If you get re-raised, you fold and still have 12 BB's left. Not an awkward stack and still a +EV play. "

how does having 66 help me, besides set value, with your method as opposed to having 95 or something like that? in both cases im folding to a raise preflop, and im probably folding to a bet on the flop, and im going to cont bet if checked to. id say the odds of a 23 4 or 5 flop are about the same as a 239 flop. i feel somewhat that if i limp with 66, im just limping cause it seems like a good hand, but im not really using that value to my advantage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your sixes don't really have set value here......you're mostly playing your position.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your sixes don't really have set value here......you're mostly playing your position.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats exactly what im getting from your post. so limping with 95o or whatever here and just playing position the same way discussed above, would only be marginally worse ev here than doing the same play with 66?
Old 01-03-2007, 06:14 PM

This is why I like the fold over the limp, although I would limp some of the time (probably 70% fold 30% limp). My limps would be playing for set value. Harrington talks about how small pairs loose their value in the yellow zone which is where you are. You just cannot play 66 very well here. You are hoping for a fold or a set. If you want a fold, the cards do not matter. You still have an ok chip stack so fold the majority and maybe mix in a few limps.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

thats exactly what im getting from your post. so limping with 95o or whatever here and just playing position the same way discussed above, would only be marginally worse ev here than doing the same play with 66?

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as you have a good table image.....in theory....yes, I guess that would be correct. I don't think I'd start limping a 9 5 offsuit though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-03-2007, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is why I like the fold over the limp, although I would limp some of the time (probably 70% fold 30% limp). My limps would be playing for set value. Harrington talks about how small pairs loose their value in the yellow zone which is where you are. You just cannot play 66 very well here. You are hoping for a fold or a set. If you want a fold, the cards do not matter. You still have an ok chip stack so fold the majority and maybe mix in a few limps.

[/ QUOTE ]

how about 77? does that make this automatcally playable, is 66 right around the exact cutoff?
Old 01-03-2007, 06:30 PM

I may be a little tighter in this situation. I am at work and don't have stove here, but between 88 and 99 is where I would probably say the cutoff is with 1010 being a no questions asked play.