Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2006, 07:28 AM

Default Re: 50NL TPTK

Sir Winalot and Pineapple IMO are spot-on here, although I'd check turn rather than shoving as it often induces the kind of river madness you see here (because the turn check underreps your hand IMO).

Another question: what in the name of God does he play like this? TT? A8? Meh, maybe, but those are a small part of his range and IMO he is not just donking all his money in on river with those hands (and is likely not calling pf with A8).

And I'd bet $4 on flop, but think the hand is well played by Hero with a river call.
Old 12-31-2006, 07:58 PM

Default Re: 50NL TPTK

Hi all,

Thanks for weighing in with replies.

One thing that still feels weird for me is bet sizes, and why we adjust them (lol i fixed limit if i want to bet i just click bet!) For those who suggested a bigger flop bet, why are we using a pot sized bet?

Is there a big difference between a 3.5 bet and a 4 bet or a 5 bet? And do you ever overbet the pot as villain did on the river?

To me, that seemed like a bluff after I checked the turn. With a set or an 8 or AT, I thought it would be reasonable to bet 1/2 to 3/4 pot to try to get value. So I called. I wasn't sure if I made a mistake here, using my thinking in villains shoes. He had ATo and MHING, (but I got him back when I flopped a baby set and he couldnt let go of T9o on a 9 high flop)