Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2006, 07:27 PM

Default Re: QTo, blind steal vs TAG and calling station. Stars 2/4

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thats why I love the turn donk. A good tag will be checking behind alot of lesser hands here after getting called in two places on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. A good TAG should be betting 66+ and AQ+ here. HU against the fish this turn would be a super easy bet for him, and the hero was getting 11-1 on his flop call, on about as drawy of a board as you can get.

Scott

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe youre right Scott, but im not sure. Im not sure if this tag will bet or check the turn with a hand like AK,KQ,AQ,66-99. What I am sure about is I will be pissed if the turn gets checked around cuz I want that fish's money. Easy money is hard to come by, I dont wanna take any chances of missing that opportunity.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe youre right Scott, but im not sure. Im not sure if this tag will bet or check the turn with a hand like AK,KQ,AQ,66-99.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to be clear, I would not bet KQ on this river. First, there's less value in the K-high, and second, the free card is more valuable to me with the stronger draw (or if you want to look at it another way, with KQ I have to call a check-raise).

Scott
Old 12-21-2006, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
River: Before I can even talk about your check/fold line, why are you not betting?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is way I love posting hands. For some reason, I didn't consider betting this river, although in retrospect it seems to be the correct play. The TAG is going to bet any hand that beats me here, and the calling station doens't have me beat, or we'd have found out on the turn. I bet the turn because I thought I likely had the best hand, the river didn't really change anything. Now I can't tell you why I checked.

[ QUOTE ]
Now about your check/fold play. First of all lets get one thing out of the way. This is not an overcalling situation on the river, this is a calling situation. The fact That the superfish calls means nothing to me cuz im pretty sure you have him beat. The question is, will the tag bet a lesser hand than yours on the river against two players on the river after the action that has occurred so far? If hes truly solid the answer is no

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%. I the TAG knows the BB is calling(or should know), and can't really be betting a worse hand than mine. I'd certainly call if we were HU(actually in that case I'd more likely bet). But with the calling station in the pot, I can't beat anything the TAG is betting.