Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-2006, 11:43 AM

Default Re: Has anyone ever laid down the made nuts? And would you push this d

[ QUOTE ]
Its so comparatively common to pass the made nuts that I can't really think of any examples. Especially multiway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been thinking of this thread everytime I'm in a hand with made straight vs set and/or flush draws. At the PLO25-50 level, this might be the most incorrectly played situation after blindly pushing known aces. OFten you are offered all-in flop pushes when you are 63% or better to win.

One question though is that if you have the made straight and there is a flush draw on flop, and you can stop the betting on the flop (and everyone has plenty of money left), isn't it a better play to call instead of folding?

Actual example hand at 6max PLO50:
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Villain: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Preflop: UTG calls, Hero calls, LP calls, Villain raises to 4 BB, blinds fold, UTG folds, Hero calls, LP folds.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero checks
Villain bets pot
Hero ????? (Even if villain turns over cards - or if there were two players, one with a set and the other a flush draw, isn't a call better here than a fold?)

Odds on the flop
Old 12-24-2006, 12:27 PM

Default Re: Has anyone ever laid down the made nuts? And would you push this d

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Its so comparatively common to pass the made nuts that I can't really think of any examples. Especially multiway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been thinking of this thread everytime I'm in a hand with made straight vs set and/or flush draws. At the PLO25-50 level, this might be the most incorrectly played situation after blindly pushing known aces. OFten you are offered all-in flop pushes when you are 63% or better to win.

One question though is that if you have the made straight and there is a flush draw on flop, and you can stop the betting on the flop (and everyone has plenty of money left), isn't it a better play to call instead of folding?

Actual example hand at 6max PLO50:
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Villain: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Preflop: UTG calls, Hero calls, LP calls, Villain raises to 4 BB, blinds fold, UTG folds, Hero calls, LP folds.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero checks
Villain bets pot
Hero ????? (Even if villain turns over cards - or if there were two players, one with a set and the other a flush draw, isn't a call better here than a fold?)

Odds on the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know why anyone would go crazy on the flop and create a huge pot with that kinda weak hand. I feel the obvious play is calling his bet and only continuing on blank turn cards, since you might be in horrrrrid shape. If he doesn't bet the turn then, you can make your protection bet while actually ahead. If Villain pots again I feel utterly freerolled and kinda hate it, depends on villain + my mood what I do...