Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2006, 02:02 PM

Default Re: Am I giving these donkeys too much credit?

Shoves, raises pot - as you wish.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:11 PM

Check_the_nuts, is it really right to allow AK free cards here? What do we do if an A or K falls? I'm not arguing, just an inexperienced player interested in your replies.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Check_the_nuts, is it really right to allow AK free cards here? What do we do if an A or K falls? I'm not arguing, just an inexperienced player interested in your replies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah its fine, an A or K won't fall that often. His range is always pretty tight due to relative positions etc. He could be squeezing but I doubt it. He's not going to fire again on a K turn profitably, and an A turn is meh, pretty crappy. If he squeezed he should have raised to at least 2 dollars, not 1.60.

You should be at the bottom of your range here with QQ. Thats why check turn>betting turn. I'd bet AA/KK on the turn for value, but queens I check hoping to induce bluffs and for pot control. I might call a turn bet depending on the villian, I've seen them bet super thin on the turn before at 10NL.

Shoving turn over a bet is fine. Going broke with QQ here is also OK. I just don't like to raise the flop or bet when checked to on the turn. Its too much of a bluff for my hand range of set/JJ/QQ/KK/AA.

Any sort of bet/raise proposition with a fold if played back at is bad. Your too pot stuck to fold.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Shoving turn over a bet is fine. Going broke with QQ here is also OK. I just don't like to raise the flop or bet when checked to on the turn. Its too much of a bluff for my hand range of set/JJ/QQ/KK/AA.

Any sort of bet/raise proposition with a fold if played back at is bad. Your too pot stuck to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Makes sense, thanks. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-19-2006, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't four bet pre-flop.

I call this bet and see what the turn brings. His weak lead (with flush draw out there), suggest to me he either a) very strong -flopped a boat b) scared because his AK didn't hit c) worried his Jacks or 10's aren't good or d) stupid with aces or Kings. You need to figure out which - facing a big bet (pot or near it) on the turn and I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on the preflop action, do you really think he's holding 4-9?
Old 12-19-2006, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't four bet pre-flop.

I call this bet and see what the turn brings. His weak lead (with flush draw out there), suggest to me he either a) very strong -flopped a boat b) scared because his AK didn't hit c) worried his Jacks or 10's aren't good or d) stupid with aces or Kings. You need to figure out which - facing a big bet (pot or near it) on the turn and I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on the preflop action, do you really think he's holding 4-9?

[/ QUOTE ]

99 is definately in his preflop range. I dont mind the call preflop, but I would call this flop, and re-open on the turn to take the pot away from him.