Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2006, 09:08 PM

Default Re: Agression factor

Three months ago I downloaded trial PT and checked my stats, and I realized I needed to get more agressive. My F/T/R/Total AF (not including PF) was 1.88/1.94/0.84!/1.59. My total AF was similar to yours, but obviously I was leaving way too much value behind on the river (and I was also a real weak nit PF, at 21/11).

Now I'm 2.44/3.43/1.45/2.45 over last 10,000 (24/14 preflop). I am still too passive on the river, but I increased my aggression by:

a) not checking behind so much on the River with decent hands (I used to always think, they must have something better than me to have kept calling, so I'll save an extra bet, but it's almost always people paying off with their small pocket pairs or 2nd pair or lower)

b) value bet/folding more T and R scare cards against fish/calling stations (and rarely getting raised)

c) HU with position, I will almost always bet turn if I've raised PF and cb flop. I'd much rather bet marginal hand on turn for fold equity/free showdown than check turn and wonder whether to call a bet on the river if they lead out, which they often do if I check behind on turn

d) Instead of peeling on the flop, I like to raise or fold with position. If I have position, I've almost always raised PF, so I hate letting someone donk into me. Instead of calling, I'll often raise with my overcards or <TP. I won't raise if there's already been a caller or if the flop really misses, but I will raise to isolate or if I'm already HU, and since I represented strength PF, I almost always get a free card on the Turn, and sometimes a fold from the donker or even a free showdown UI. And if I throw away an extra SB with a raise on the flop and lose the hand, I figure they're more likely to call me down next time when I raise flop with a real hand.

Like someone already mentioned, if you're 2-2.5BB/100, you're doing lots of things really well. I am hovering around 2BB/100 now, and was about .5BB/100 when my total AF was around what yours is now (though I was also much weaker PF than you are).
Old 12-13-2006, 10:18 PM

Great post barksdale! Just what i was looking for. I'm not looking to change my play just because my stats doesn't fit some "ideal" numbers, but because i think thats were I can make the biggest gain. And i honestly don't think my bb/100 will be over 2 if i just keep playing like now in the next 50.000hands. Always looking to improve, and hate to leave money at the table [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Thanks again

Arthur Dent
Old 12-14-2006, 12:08 AM

Just don't blame me if your BB/100 goes down now and gets closer to mine.