Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2006, 01:03 PM

Default Re: Sternroolz

My friend,you seem to be a little apolegetic for playing a solid,"by the book",game that was winning the money.I believe that a lot of the 2+2er's post more laggy than they actually play,& that this makes other posters think that this over aggressive,too loose play is correct.Don't fall for it.
Old 12-13-2006, 03:03 PM

So, let me get this straight, the best player in the game was a total LAG and got destroyed every single night?

A losing great player. Oxy-Mo-Ron.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My friend,you seem to be a little apolegetic for playing a solid,"by the book",game that was winning the money.I believe that a lot of the 2+2er's post more laggy than they actually play,& that this makes other posters think that this over aggressive,too loose play is correct.Don't fall for it.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're right. And so is Sternroolz in the post above yours. Playing "by the book" is exactly what's going to win the money in the majority of middle limit games, and I suspect that's also the case in some of the higher limits. Trying to push razor-thin edges in these games is pretty much counter-productive. Play tight, solid poker and people will just give their money away to you.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:38 PM

Default Re: Live $10-$20 ------- How\'s my play?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yes. horrible

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-13-2006, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You're right. And so is Sternroolz in the post above yours. Playing "by the book" is exactly what's going to win the money in the majority of middle limit games, and I suspect that's also the case in some of the higher limits. Trying to push razor-thin edges in these games is pretty much counter-productive. Play tight, solid poker and people will just give their money away to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is pushing thin edges counter productive?

Btw...with OPs read this wasn't razor thin, imo. HEPFAP is about pushing those small edges. Not just sittin back and nutpeddling.

I thought sternroolz was responding thinking this was online 10-20. Most live 10-20 games I see are pretty gravy and SSHE is more than applicable. Though there are times, rarely, where I see some tighter 10 tables.

b
Old 12-13-2006, 09:09 PM

Default Re: Live $10-$20 ------- How\'s my play?

[ QUOTE ]

You played the hand fine. The turn raise is good based on your read of the guys bet being bs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. What's the point of playing live if you don't act on things like this.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is pushing thin edges counter productive?

Btw...with OPs read this wasn't razor thin, imo. HEPFAP is about pushing those small edges. Not just sittin back and nutpeddling.

I thought sternroolz was responding thinking this was online 10-20. Most live 10-20 games I see are pretty gravy and SSHE is more than applicable. Though there are times, rarely, where I see some tighter 10 tables.

b

[/ QUOTE ]
Bernie,
I said nothing about "sitting back and nut-peddling." I simply mean that you're generally not up against superstars in 10-20 to 40-80 games. Please don't confuse what I said about not having to push razor-thin edges with playing like a nut-peddler. That's not what I'm talking about.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:56 PM

I'd still like to know why pushing small edges is counter productive.

Sure, the small edge is a bit more valuable on tougher games, but it certainly isn't counter productive on easier games.

b
Old 12-13-2006, 10:27 PM

Bernie -- if I'm understanding Greywolf correctly, what I think he's talking about is a phenomenon I discussed in detail in this post, which prescribes a philosophy wherein solid play can coexist with pushing some small edges and foregoing others depending on a) your own skill; b) your opponents' skill; and c) the specific game you're in.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:49 PM

PJ,
That's an excellent post. I've never seen it until now but you've articulated what I was getting at much better than I could have.