Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2006, 01:38 PM

Default Re: PS 100NL 6max AJo against a short stack

Hmm it looks the hand got more attention from the morning crew. Well the correct play has to bet a flop push. My implied odds is marginal if I hit. Anyway the hand went like this: the turn brought a diamond, check check; river another diamond, he c/f to my push [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

My guess is he's got a weak jack or less likely an over pair. Definitely no diamonds, tho.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So what if he has KJ, or a lower flush draw? I don't get it. Shove flop and you will only get called by hands that have you beat and all hands that you beat will fold. Whats the point??? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Our hand has tremendous value and a push gives us FE in situation where FE is the last thing we want.

So in in conclusion: flop push = g00t, turn push = great.

[/ QUOTE ]
People will call you here with nearly all PP's (yes seriously) any J and any draw. He's shortstacked and put in 1/3 of his stack in on the flop, he's looking to get it in not fold...

[/ QUOTE ]
you've made an argument for why he might call a majority of the time. but now tell me how a call/turnpush is inferior.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he might have KJ with no diamond and will fold to a turn push?

Seriously, just get it in.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So what if he has KJ, or a lower flush draw? I don't get it. Shove flop and you will only get called by hands that have you beat and all hands that you beat will fold. Whats the point??? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Our hand has tremendous value and a push gives us FE in situation where FE is the last thing we want.

[/ QUOTE ]
People will call you here with nearly all PP's (yes seriously) any J and any draw. He's shortstacked and put in 1/3 of his stack in on the flop, he's looking to get it in not fold...

[/ QUOTE ]
you've made an argument for why he might call a majority of the time. but now tell me how a call/turnpush is inferior.

[/ QUOTE ]
Because his range is very wide, if the turn is a diamond are you folding to a push? If yes you lose value against pairs (those WILL push on a diamond turn). If you are calling the turn push on a diamond turn you are paying of draws however.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Because his range is very wide, if the turn is a diamond are you folding to a push? If yes you lose value against pairs (those WILL push on a diamond turn). If you are calling the turn push on a diamond turn you are paying of draws however.

[/ QUOTE ]

We have the A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Old 12-06-2006, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We have the A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]
right...Misread the board, I thought it was 2 diamonds and a heart.

Than I like a push on the flop even more because pairs are folding if the turn brings another diamond.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because a diamond will kill you action.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-06-2006, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Because he might have KJ with no diamond and will fold to a turn push?

Seriously, just get it in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. I think a turn [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] will very often kill your action. So yes, get it in on the flop. Villain's call range on the flop is wider than on the turn.