Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2006, 02:59 PM

Default Re: New to PLO- line check

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

As far as I can tell, .25-.50 PLO is some weird game that bears no relationship to pot limit omaha.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to hijack, but it's interesting that you said this. I've been beating up the $10 PLO 6-max games on FT and moved up to $25's this week. It was extraordinary how different the game was. I found myself down 4 buy-ins in an hour. Any recommendations on adjustments to these "wierd" games, or should I just skip to $100's (assuming I can add money to my bankroll from other sources)?

[/ QUOTE ]

First, 4 buy-ins in an hour is not a big deal. Second, yes I think you should start at the .50-1 if you can afford it, even if it means losing more in the short-term.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

As far as I can tell, .25-.50 PLO is some weird game that bears no relationship to pot limit omaha.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to hijack, but it's interesting that you said this. I've been beating up the $10 PLO 6-max games on FT and moved up to $25's this week. It was extraordinary how different the game was. I found myself down 4 buy-ins in an hour. Any recommendations on adjustments to these "wierd" games, or should I just skip to $100's (assuming I can add money to my bankroll from other sources)?

[/ QUOTE ]

First, 4 buy-ins in an hour is not a big deal. Second, yes I think you should start at the .50-1 if you can afford it, even if it means losing more in the short-term.

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends how many tables he is playing. 4 buy-ins on one table is a lot ;p

I'd tell anyone to get to .5/1 asap because the games on stars are good right now. Just practice some solid table selection (know who not to have on your left and find the games with ~ 30+ avg pot size). Maybe play less tables to start than you're accustomed to as well.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If the variance doesnt kill you then you should be alright, just play solid after the flop and if there is any kind of draw on board then your opponent will call you down in a heartbeat. It can be very frustrating but it can be a nice earner if you dont go tilt crazy

In a strange twist of fate the play at the PLO50 is usually worse than the PLO25
Old 12-05-2006, 01:56 PM

So literally no one just folds this flop. You can't be ahead of anything by much, you are deep, OOP to aggressor. Best case scenerio come blank, blank, or, board pairs, and you still don't know if you are ahead.

So you are putting your entire stack at risk on a coinflip at best, terrible undredog at worst. Get some redraws and or a good read.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:22 PM

Looks standard.

Preflop call is marginal, but certainly okay.

check raise against preflop raiser is standard.

You are getting 3-1 to call his reraise. Since you have an open end straight draw, your call is automatic.

Even if you didn't have an open ender I would still call. You are beating AA, AA with a flush draw, AKQJ type hands with and without a flush draw.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:28 PM

Seriously, RR is standard. With bottom trips an inside st8 draw to non nuts, with flush on board, OOP, deep?

Sometimes i think the advice given on these forums is aggression for agressions sake. Even AA with a flush draw is a crooked coinflip here. Basically every hand that doesn't all in you is 50/50. Those that do have you crushed. Would you really RR/Fold? Consider how much EV you lose in the cases when they have mid or top trips here. Do you make that up by getting a 5% edge on AA+NFD? Why commit yourself OOP on a 50/50, unless you honestly think you have fold equity. This is a terribe board/hand combination for a fold equity RR.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:40 PM

This is obv. KK for villain.

For what it's worth, I like leading the flop here. I probably end up gettig it all in against any raise by villain.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:43 PM

By the way, as played, check-call flop.

Pot-bet any turn that gives a diamond or fills your straight.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

by which i assume you believe we're beat, and so we're basically playing a big pot with 7 outs where we may or may not have some bluff equity on some flush cards, and where we're going to fold what may be the best hand if the board blank-blanks. Plz come play at my tables.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

by which i assume you believe we're beat, and so we're basically playing a big pot with 7 outs where we may or may not have some bluff equity on some flush cards, and where we're going to fold what may be the best hand if the board blank-blanks. Plz come play at my tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on the play of the hand so far, I believe my line is the best. Keep in mind I do not know villain, and a LOT of optimal player is villain dependent, so anyone not OP is making a ton of assumptions.