Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2006, 10:02 PM

Location: coaching poker and writing \"Professional No-Limit Hold\'em\" for Two Plus Two Publishing with Matt Flynn and Ed Miller
Default Re: 2 50/100 hands commerce

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] deep stacks....both hands I raise the turn and don't put another dime into the pot....
Old 11-29-2006, 10:15 PM

hand one looks fine as played fold river.

hand 2 i actually like a turn raise and then dont put another cent in. calling flop is fine ofc sometimes, but ofc sometimes its good to raise. as played though i think i make the turn like 5500ish. holla
Old 11-29-2006, 10:22 PM

Default quick clarification

i should have put this in the OP but in hand 2 i only have about 15K.
(and it happened much later so nothing to do with hand 1 so don't try and cheat using that info [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])
Old 11-29-2006, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] deep stacks....both hands I raise the turn and don't put another dime into the pot....

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise the turn in hand 1? That seems pretty awful to me, you aren't representing any hand, it just seems ridiculous.

All in all these are 2 really good hands to post RBK, you always pick good ones it seems. I am very confused in hand 1, and I probably can't say anything you don't know already. It's a bluff or a monster, and I suspect that the turn bet is a silly attempt to get you to fold air (ace high or middle pair type hands) and on the river he thinks you are kind of strong so he bets harder. It sounds kinda screwy but I suspect it's a bluff (he prob has A4).

In hand 2 I'd just fold. I haven't read most of the replies so I don't know if this is way off base or not, but I just can't see antonio leading into 3 players here w/ less than a pair and you have got the dude breathing hard behind you. While you might be ahead now you could easily be facing a big river bet on a ton of various cards, making your effective and reverse implied odds awful, so I'd just fold.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but more importantly fisherman greg's overcall.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah - his call there is pretty bizarre - especially because his limp calling range utg is fairly predictable. if i had to guess i'd say he has something like AJhh/AQhh - but the breathing heavy thing who knows, he does breathe really heavily in general though - probably his strict regimen of commerce food and sitting around.

also, fwiw, i've noticed he's scared of you from the times we've all been in the same game.

btw, i'm raising flop here.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
btw, i'm raising flop here.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you view the weak lead as weakness on the part of antonio?
i couldn't tell whether he was trying to induce me to raise knowing the fish would call in between inflate the pot and require me to raise bigger...or if he was just trying to stop me from betting the pot on the flop...
thing was i felt like if i raised and he pushed i'd probably have to fold.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:59 PM

How often does the 50/100 game run? Just on weekends or also on weekdays?
Old 11-29-2006, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How often does the 50/100 game run? Just on weekends or also on weekdays?

[/ QUOTE ]

its going pretty much every day...although i hardly ever go on weekends so i can't say for sure.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:16 PM

hand 1: weird turn bet by villain. seems like its either a monster that wants a big pair to c-r and overcards to call. Or, a weakish hand like 67, A4 that is trying to get overcards to fold and set up a bluff on the river if he misses. If you've played a bunch with him maybe you have an idea which it is, based on if you've seen weak leads or monsters from him before. I wouldn't be so quick to fold tho, it depends.

hand 2: I'd interpret Antonio's weak lead multiway as something that isn't the nuts but can become very strong, so a lower set or flushdraw, or pair+OESD, and he wants to build a pot for if he catches a turn card he likes but doesn't want to get blown off his hand by a big raise. I suppose i like flat calling there best (or dislike it least, really) since its too likely you'll get jammed and have a tough decision or they just fold, and i don't want to play a huge pot multiway on a scary board.

good hands to discuss,

-g
Old 11-30-2006, 12:38 AM

Location: coaching poker and writing \"Professional No-Limit Hold\'em\" for Two Plus Two Publishing with Matt Flynn and Ed Miller

[ QUOTE ]

Raise the turn in hand 1? That seems pretty awful to me, you aren't representing any hand, it just seems ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

um, if by "ridiculous" you mean: a blocking-type bet that acts as both a value bet (against worse hands that may try to pick you off if they think you're full of it) and a bluff (against some better hands that may fold - e.g. - 88/99) as well protects from giving a total freebee (against hands that put no more money into the pot but may have some equity on the river - e.g. - overcards/flush draw) without committing yourself since the stacks are so deep, then yeah, I agree..... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[FWIW, I do also think a check/fold is acceptable on the turn]