Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2006, 03:35 PM

Default Re: AA vs coordinated board

Hi! I think ur analysis about how the hand should be played is good. And like u I agree with OP's-line. However there are a few things were I think different.

[ QUOTE ]

I put him on an ace that pairs with the board and a busted straight draw. I would call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think u are narrowing his range too hard. He can have all kinds of hands, including two-pairs and straights. We have very little information.

[ QUOTE ]

The thing to remember about AA is how weak it can become in micro limit games.

[/ QUOTE ]

AA is more valuable in micro limit games because u will get paid off more.

[ QUOTE ]

Working against you is that:

1. In micro limit people will call PFRs with anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good for us

[ QUOTE ]

2. Plays that protect your hand are less effective because people are very loose.

[/ QUOTE ]

Often good for us.

[ QUOTE ]

3. You do not want your AA to get reraised, ever. This is for the reasons I stated above. A reraise after the flop is probably going to turn into a value bet for someone (maybe not the raiser, but someone that isn't you) in a loose game. You want your AA to last to the river and you want to show down as cheaply as possible because of the risk of the suckout.

[/ QUOTE ]

Showing down as cheaply as possible is not my goal when I get AA.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The thing to remember about AA is how weak it can become in micro limit games.

[/ QUOTE ]

AA is more valuable in micro limit games because u will get paid off more.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is true in a normal, tight game but in my experience when you have 7 or 8 people seeing the flop in the micro limit game, your chances of surviving with just top pair dwindle. I see AA get beat down by suckout flushes, straights and two pair all the time.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Working against you is that:

1. In micro limit people will call PFRs with anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good for us

[ QUOTE ]

2. Plays that protect your hand are less effective because people are very loose.

[/ QUOTE ]

Often good for us.

[ QUOTE ]

3. You do not want your AA to get reraised, ever. This is for the reasons I stated above. A reraise after the flop is probably going to turn into a value bet for someone (maybe not the raiser, but someone that isn't you) in a loose game. You want your AA to last to the river and you want to show down as cheaply as possible because of the risk of the suckout.

[/ QUOTE ]

Showing down as cheaply as possible is not my goal when I get AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Vs a board with 5 opponents, a flush and /or a straight draw out there is no way I am going to get into a raising war with just AA.

Perhaps I am just off with my estimation of AA in the micro limit game, but I find that they are just too suceptible to loose players who, usually rightly, chase hands in big multiway pots. Against a ragged board I completely agree that you want to push the rockets.
Old 12-01-2006, 01:48 AM

The first thing that grabs me is you have to bet that turn. I know it is a scare card, and if you get check-raised you may can throw your hand down right then. But you can not afford to give a free card in this situation. Make him pay for his draw. If you do that, the whole dynamics of this hand change.

As played, I would call on the river. Your turn check probably lead him to believe that you did not have much. With just forty hands on him, I do not think we can conclude anything definite about his play.
Old 12-01-2006, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I think this is true in a normal, tight game but in my experience when you have 7 or 8 people seeing the flop in the micro limit game, your chances of surviving with just top pair dwindle. I see AA get beat down by suckout flushes, straights and two pair all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course AA plays better in a 2 or 3 handed situation than with seven or eight players in the pot. That is even more reason to hope your AA get raised and re-raised in pre-flop and flop situations. The goal is to maximize your value right? I play it aggressive until someone tells me they have it beat. In this hand, maybe a check-raise on the turn does that. But I am still betting/raising with any chance I get up until that point.