Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2006, 04:33 PM

Default Re: Tough turn decision- whats your play?

there are some ppl in 10-20s that like to bet pot on their draws, id go out on limb and say they are also prone to chase their draws no matter what. so iŽd say JT isnt at all unlikely. pf limp is also standard among many 20s players with a lot of hands. so we should be up against qj qt jt most often with 33 kq aq less often. kq aq cause they are most probably being raised pf and 33 cause of that potbet on flop.

so i check behind on turn, planning on pairing the q on river for his stack....

in the off chance my plan doesnt work out im calling a bet or value bet halfpot when checked too on river, for reasons already stated. lose less win most against his most probable hands

id probably raise a smallish 1/4, 1/3block bet from villain on river when a blank hits (2-7) maybe 2.5x,
thoughts on that?
Old 11-18-2006, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
id probably raise a smallish 1/4, 1/3block bet from villain on river when a blank hits (2-7) maybe 2.5x,
thoughts on that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think raising any kind of bet by Villain on the river is pretty horrible. What hands are calling our raise that we beat?
Old 11-18-2006, 06:16 PM

I think there is a general consensus here that checking the turn is the best play as played? (and raising PF isnt a bad idea either)

The river card was the 10d. Villain leads out 3800 (i.e. the pot), Hero folds. Comments?

What is Villain's range following this? (i think we can narrow it down quite a lot now)
Old 11-18-2006, 08:12 PM

yeah, i actually missed the 3-flush on turn too. otherwise my thinking is villain blockvalue bets his qs only and jt valuebets a bit higher so u r freerolling with the raise almost always. no reads right? u never know if u got somebody who wont fold top pair right?

with the 3-flush i just wanna get to showdown cheaply if not im out. 4 flush and that bet there is nothing to it u r done with the hand