Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2006, 01:14 PM

Default Re: VPIP and PFR %?

FP=UTG? I raised ds runs , decent double pairs, and the occasional big pair w/ help. I raise OOP only after lots of limpers, and only to build pots in situations where my hands/opponents make stacking a good possability.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but this could have been just a nice heater while playing aggo.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is still 6-max, it seems a little high, but fair enough. If this is ring, then there has only been one player Ive seen consistently win with stats like that, and I suspect it wasn't you.

gl

dd
Old 11-16-2006, 06:03 PM

I am probably looser UTG than most. When I'm at a table with a lot of aggro players that are in LP when I'm in EP I raise a lot of speculative hands, mostly junky connectors (9754 with or without suits is a huge winning hand for me), so that I can play a big pot when I hit and check-fold when I miss (and allow them to think they are running me over).

The really great thing about Omaha is that, like someone else said, there are a lot of hands that are basically neutral EV. Yeah you can play <20% VP$IP if you want but you will be extremely easy to play against and will basically only ever stack a non-retard in a coinflip situation. Playing some of those extra hands (assuming you play them well enough) allows you to loosen up your image and forces people to play sub-optimally against you.

I recently took a extended break from PLO for a few months while I was working on my NL game. When I came back and started playing 6max on Full Tilt and FR on Party I thought I was playing exceedingly tight... until I checked my stats. 44% VP$IP in 6max and 33% in FR. If I can get in relatively cheaply and I have a good idea of what my opponents PFR range is I will play almost anything.