Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2006, 03:06 PM

Default Re: Raising an infant...

[ QUOTE ]
what age does parenthood get easier? 1-2-3 years/

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh. I have a 9 and a 13 year old. I wish I could answer your question.
Old 11-06-2006, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Kids will give you problems until you die. THe problems get different as they age. Infants are easy if you have patience with crying. Crying can signify a lot of things (tired, hungry, wet, bored, horny etc..) and sometimes they just cry to make noise. Make sure all their needs are met, and if they still are crying, then just let them cry.

Parenthood is a fun trip, enjoy it, because spending time with your kids is the most rewarding thing you can do.

[/ QUOTE ]

i need more patience, thats why i quit online playing for a few years, i want as little stress in my life as possible, i quit sports betting because i dont want his first word to be f**k either, thx for replies guys.
Old 11-06-2006, 03:13 PM

My daughter is 17 months old. The fact that you understand enough to ask this question means that you probably have the instincts to care for your child. Yeah, it's harder than you could ever think possible, but there's just something about looking down at your own child that gives you the strength and instinct to do the right thing. You'll do fine.
Old 11-06-2006, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After about 6 months it gets a lot easier for a couple of reasons. First off, they start to sleep through the whole night. Second, they start being able to creep and crawl, so they can get around a bit by themselves, and they aren't so frustrated about being useless human beings.

The first 6 months can be relatively to extremely difficult (depending on the colic level of the child). It's because they are useless and depend on you for everything and crying is their only way to communicate. Try and get the child on a regular schedule for eating/sleeping and sh*ting and you will be fine.

Also for the first couple of months, make sure you wrap the baby in a swaddle nice and tight.....reminds them of the old days.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm requoting this whole thing because it's all perfectly good advice. The only thing I would say different, is I think its closer to a year before it really gets better...

Ray

(P.S. kind of scary that the respondant's good advice was his 666th post.)
Old 11-06-2006, 03:24 PM

I think they're easier to care for during the day as infants cause they pretty much just eat, sleep, and poop. Wait till the lil bugger starts running around the house getting into everything.
Old 11-06-2006, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
useless human beings

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
they are useless

[/ QUOTE ]

Certainly you mean helpless.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:37 PM

Runner runner gave the best answer.

But it depends on the kid. I found infancy to be easy, but only because my kid wasn't a crier. It's easy because they just lie there.

Once they start crawling, it becomes a little more difficult. They cry less, but they get into trouble and lack the cognitive ability to recognize many things as dangerous. You can no longer leave the room unless you're absolutely positive they can't get into danger.

That stage lasts until 2 or so. Then, they know what's dangerous and merely become annoying, constantly testing you to see how much they can get away with. (In that sense, this stage lasts until you die). They still need relatively constant supervision because they don't quite know what they can handle and what they can't.

As they mature to school age, it becomes easier in some senses. You can now leave them alone for extended times and be pretty certain they won't hurt themselves or destroy your stuff. OTOH, they aren't getting the development they should unless you interact with them. I would guess that this stage lasts until puberty. Then all sorts of new problems occur, mainly involving the opposite sex.

As they become teenagers, they become voracious spenders of your hard earned money. And they never listen to you. Your job is merely to yell at them when they screw up.

Then they go to college. The only time they'll ever call you is when they need money. Then they'll get married, have children and they gain a new appreciation for you did for them. They still won't listen to you, though.

To summarize, as one wag said, you spend the first year of their life trying to get them to walk and talk. You spend the next 17 years telling them to sit down and shut up.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Runner runner gave the best answer.

But it depends on the kid. I found infancy to be easy, but only because my kid wasn't a crier. It's easy because they just lie there.

Once they start crawling, it becomes a little more difficult. They cry less, but they get into trouble and lack the cognitive ability to recognize many things as dangerous. You can no longer leave the room unless you're absolutely positive they can't get into danger.

That stage lasts until 2 or so. Then, they know what's dangerous and merely become annoying, constantly testing you to see how much they can get away with. (In that sense, this stage lasts until you die). They still need relatively constant supervision because they don't quite know what they can handle and what they can't.

As they mature to school age, it becomes easier in some senses. You can now leave them alone for extended times and be pretty certain they won't hurt themselves or destroy your stuff. OTOH, they aren't getting the development they should unless you interact with them. I would guess that this stage lasts until puberty. Then all sorts of new problems occur, mainly involving the opposite sex.

As they become teenagers, they become voracious spenders of your hard earned money. And they never listen to you. Your job is merely to yell at them when they screw up.

Then they go to college. The only time they'll ever call you is when they need money. Then they'll get married, have children and they gain a new appreciation for you did for them. They still won't listen to you, though.

To summarize, as one wag said, you spend the first year of their life trying to get them to walk and talk. You spend the next 17 years telling them to sit down and shut up.

[/ QUOTE ]

funny quote. You make it go by so fast [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2006, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Kids will give you problems until you die. THe problems get different as they age. Infants are easy if you have patience with crying. Crying can signify a lot of things (tired, hungry, wet, bored, horny etc..) and sometimes they just cry to make noise. Make sure all their needs are met, and if they still are crying, then just let them cry.

Parenthood is a fun trip, enjoy it, because spending time with your kids is the most rewarding thing you can do.

[/ QUOTE ]

i need more patience, thats why i quit online playing for a few years, i want as little stress in my life as possible, i quit sports betting because i dont want his first word to be f**k either, thx for replies guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah cutting down on the stressful activities is an excellent idea IMO. Your child will be better off for it. It gets mucho easier from 4-11. It depends on the child though. The adolescent years will be probably be a challenge.
Old 11-06-2006, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
useless human beings

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
they are useless

[/ QUOTE ]

Certainly you mean helpless.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, helpless sounds better I guess. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]