Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2006, 03:55 PM

Default Re: cap that chit

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Three of the worst limpers this side of a shrapnel convention spill chips into the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Flop comes K65 rainbow. I check, limpers all check, LAG bets...I c/r, and 2 of the brainchildren cold-call. LAG 3-bets, I cap that chit. Hopefully this will fold out the limpers, but no they both cold-call again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you possibly think that bad players who have already coldcalled this flop would fold for two more bets?

[/ QUOTE ]

Chesspain --

This happens all the time. "Wow, FOUR bets?! Fold."

--Nate

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at the Foxwoods 5/10 kill game it doesn't. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2006, 04:31 PM

PJ,

Doing anything but calling here doesn't make much sense to me. It's very easy for this guy to have flopped a set or turned a straight and not wanted to raise the turn because of the guy behind him. It's also very easy for him to assume you have AK and raise two pair here, and he may even have another KQ, so you can't fold.

That said sometimes in a live situation you can pick something up about the way he's played his hand that tells you to 3bet, so you do. But as a hand posted on a poker forum, you should call.
Old 10-28-2006, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Three of the worst limpers this side of a shrapnel convention spill chips into the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Flop comes K65 rainbow. I check, limpers all check, LAG bets...I c/r, and 2 of the brainchildren cold-call. LAG 3-bets, I cap that chit. Hopefully this will fold out the limpers, but no they both cold-call again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you possibly think that bad players who have already coldcalled this flop would fold for two more bets?

[/ QUOTE ]

Chesspain --

This happens all the time. "Wow, FOUR bets?! Fold."

--Nate

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at the Foxwoods 5/10 kill game it doesn't. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Chesspain --

I've put a lot of hours in that game. It happens.

--Nate
Old 10-28-2006, 04:46 PM

I think he has queens up a lot - why would he not raise a straight (or set) on the turn with multiway action? Doesn't make much sense. I'd go to 120.

Jeff
Old 10-28-2006, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

A LAG raises on the button. I call in the SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. BB folds, 3 blind mice call.

Flop comes K65 rainbow. I check, limpers all check, LAG bets.

** LAG is steaming from an earlier hand, has just moved seats, but only has a couple BBs left in his stack and has made it clear he's going all in no matter what **

I c/r, and 2 of the brainchildren cold-call. LAG 3-bets, I cap that chit. Hopefully this will fold out the limpers, but no they both cold-call again. LAG calls all-in.

Turn is a 7. I bet, both limpers call again into the side pot.

River is a Q (no flush on board). I bet, limper 1 now raises. Limper 2 finally releases his hand. Back to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

PJ --

Happy birthday.

I think you got this one exactly right. It's hard to put the guy on a hand better than yours, but where I come from that river raise is very scary, and this could easily be a weird straight or set.

--Nate
Old 10-28-2006, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think he has queens up a lot - why would he not raise a straight (or set) on the turn with multiway action? Doesn't make much sense. I'd go to 120.

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

Because bad live players think like that. They don't want to knock out the guy behind them, and love to slowplay to the river.
Old 10-28-2006, 05:07 PM

Some do, some don't. I think most people would raise when they spike their gutshot there in a jammed pot. But, live you have access to reads - there are certain people who would practically never raise the river with less than the nuts. If this is that type, reraising would clearly be bad. Against a typical player (not nut peddling played), I like raising it again.

Jeff
Old 10-28-2006, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Doing anything but calling here doesn't make much sense to me. It's very easy for this guy to have flopped a set or turned a straight and not wanted to raise the turn because of the guy behind him. It's also very easy for him to assume you have AK and raise two pair here, and he may even have another KQ, so you can't fold.

That said sometimes in a live situation you can pick something up about the way he's played his hand that tells you to 3bet, so you do. But as a hand posted on a poker forum, you should call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Completely agree with this. Plus, I don't want the mouth breather to drag a huge pot on me, decide he's up enough and quit for the night. Lord only knows what he has, don't overly reward him when he stumbles upon a hand.
Old 10-28-2006, 06:54 PM

THe typical bad live player isnt going to raise the river with many worse two pairs, if any.

Against some people ive played with live it's closer to a fold than it is a 3bet.
Old 10-28-2006, 06:58 PM

OK, what do we think about the rest of the hand? Standard?